Tony Khan was pleased that his father Shad recently appeared on AEW Dynamite, though he wishes his dad's debut came under better circumstances.

Shad Khan appeared in the closing moments of the April 24, episode of AEW Dynamite, after Jack Perry & The Elite attacked his son. Tony Khan was laid out with a piledriver by the Young Bucks and has been in a neck brace ever since. Khan intends to put the neck brace to good use when he no longer needs it.

Sitting down with SE Scoops correspondent Scott Fishman for TV Insider, Khan spoke about his father's All-Elite debut and had plenty of praise for his dear old dad.

“It was nice of him to be on the show on one hand, but the reason for it is another. It meant a lot for him to come out to check on me. He is an incredible father and a loving parent and a great man.

"I’ve learned so much from him. I know he cares a lot. Nobody wants to see their son out cold and recovering from a deadly piledriver move. You saw he was concerned. You saw it on his face. He was angry and concerned. Mostly very angry."

When asked if his father has a favorite wrestler on AEW's roster, the younger Khan said that Shad has quite a few stars he's keeping an eye on.

"A few weeks ago I got a text from him during Will Ospreay and Claudio [Castagnoli]. He knew them both. He hadn’t seen much of Will Ospreay. He said Ospreay was amazing. I introduced him to Will, and he is now a huge fan of him.

"He is a huge fan of Kenny Omega, MJF, Jon Moxley, Orange Cassidy, Dr. Britt Baker, and recently “Timeless” Toni Storm And Mariah May. Also, he had some nice interactions with Swerve."

It's unclear when, if ever, we'll see Shad Khan on AEW programming again, though Tony Khan will be operating shows remotely as he recovers from the attack. With The Elite a force to be reckoned with and Kenny Omega's imminent return to AEW TV, it'll be interesting to see how the power struggle goes with Khan out of the picture.