WWE Undisputed Champion Cody Rhodes has only one goal in mind heading into the title defense against AJ Styles at Saturday's Backlash Premium Live Event.

Rhodes finally finished his story at last month's WrestleMania 40 when he put an end to Roman Reigns' historic 1,316-day reign. Now, he has a lot to prove as a champion. Speaking on Cheat Heat with Peter Rosenberg, 'The American Nightmare' made it clear that the upcoming match against AJ Styles is not only a 'must-win' for him but he also 'must dominate.' He said:

“I told AJ Styles, this is a dream match for some people, sure. To me, it’s a legit must win. Not just must win, but must dominate. Must show something."

Cody wants to let everyone know that he has a lot in store for the fans. He wants to bring out his full potential and this title run is his opportunity to "validate" it. The 38-year-old champion further stated that he is never content and believes that's the mindset of successful people. Cody Rhodes said:

"I’d like to let people know there is so much more meat on the bone. There is so much more to me and this run is the chance to validate it. It’s the mindset of ‘you’re never doing enough. Have to keep going.’ Everyone I know who is successful has that mindset and that’s where I’m at.”

AJ Styles earned the title shot after defeating LA Knight on April 19 edition of SmackDown. 'The Phenomenal One' had been in pursuit of the WWE Undisputed Championship for a long time now. He had been in a feud with Roman Reigns but failed to dethrone 'The Tribal Chief.' Now, he has yet another shot at the title.

Rhodes and Styles have had illustrious careers across multiple promotions but they never crossed paths. This match will mark the first time they will go head-to-head in the squared circle. On that note, Styles did face WWE legend and Cody's father, Dusty Rhodes in TNA Wrestling. Styles successfully defended his NWA World Heavyweight title that night and he'll hope for a similar outcome this Saturday at WWE Backlash France. However, it won't be an easy task as Cody Rhodes has some long-term plans as the champion.