New WWE Women's Tag Team Champion Jade Cargill was obviously pleased with her victory at WWE Backlash France, but wishes her mom could've been there.

At WWE's first French PLE, Cargill and Bianca Belair captured the Women's Tag Team Championships; the first title for Cargill since her groundbreaking WWE signing last September. The win also marks the first tag title reign for Belair, who is a former Raw and SmackDown Women's Champion.

A raucous audience in the LDLC Arena watched Belair and Cargill win the titles as well as countless fans watching around the world. Unfortunately, Jade's mother was not among them as the elder Cargill passed away in December 2023 following a lengthy battle with cancer.

Taking to her Instagram Stories, Jade paid tribute to her mom and said she wishes she could have seen her win in Lyon.

”I really wish I could have had my mom there last night. But I know God has a reason for it all. I know she’s proud of me.”

Cargill's quick ascent through the WWE ranks demonstrate the promotion's lofty faith in her to be a top woman in the company. It's hard to ignore the similarities to AEW where Jade quickly became the first AEW TBS Champion, a title she held for over 500 days. If the past is any indicator, expect a lengthy title run for the Storm and more gold in her future.