Don Callis remained pretty callous following the news that Scott D'Amore was fired from TNA. D'Amore was let go from the company months ago as Anthem took reigns of the promotion and appointed Anthony Cicione as the new TNA President.

Callis was a big part of TNA during it's Impact era, but had since moved on from the company after aligning with AEW. When speaking with "Sunday Night's Main Event," Callis was asked about D'Amore being gone from TNA and Callis claimed this was the first he heard about his exit.

"Scott’s not with TNA anymore? I don’t talk to Scott, so I don’t know... but here’s the thing: Scott D’Amore is five-foot-eight, but when he stands on his wallet, he’s 7 feet tall. So Scott D’Amore, we’re not having any tag days here for Scott D’Amore, no food stamps. If he lost his job, I don’t shed a tear because I don’t shed a tear for multi-millionaires, who now's just gonna play more golf. Scott’s a smart guy but I mean, you know, no tears here so, but I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know."

What Callis may also not know is that D'Amore is using that one-foot-four-inch thick wallet to likely relaunch Maple Leaf Wrestling as the name was just trademarked by D'Amore and "The Gimmick Attorney" Mike Dockins.

D'Amore was one of the primary proponents for getting the TNA brand back off the ground. Not only that, but it was evident D'Amore was greatly loved behind-the-scenes as many TNA talents wrote out a petition to bring D'Amore back after he was let go.