PDA

View Full Version : JR Speaks On The Draft, Lilian Garcia, Heyman And More

bad_meetz_evil
06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Jim Ross has updated his blog at www.jrsbarbq.com today, in this edition, Ross speaks about the upcoming draft and the wrestling media, Paul Heyman, Bret Hart and more. Here are a few things he had to say:

On The Upcoming Draft and the Wrestling Media

The WWE Draft on June 11 in Wilkes Barre, which is already sold out, and should be an interesting night, as apparently several superstars will be getting new addresses. These are interesting times, as far as I am concerned, because new wrestlers create new matchups with the incumbents, which freshens up the product. I have no preferences as to who comes to RAW and I assume The King and I will stay on RAW, or at least I sure hope so. I have no desire to leave Monday Night RAW, and neither does the King. I don’t think any of the announce teams should be included in the draft. A change of scenery can be a good thing, especially for wrestlers who need new opposition. The draft, as far as fans are concerned will no doubt be a source of plenty of debate and discussion as the draft itself, is a subjective matter to say the least. The “wrestling media” will have a field day with this matter and I can almost guarantee you that the draft will be over-analyzed and pre-judged even before it has a chance to settle in, because that’s what the “wrestling media” does. Controversy creates (cash and) website traffic which is not a bad thing. Get ready for this subject to be beaten to death over the next several weeks. I do not know who is being drafted to where and will be as surprised as anybody as it happens on live TV.

Will Paul Heyman Start a New Wrestling Company?

Some have asked if I think Paul Heyman will ever start another wrestling company. This is almost laughable. Paul is done with investing in wrestling companies and has a variety of other projects he is working on at the present time. Does that mean Heyman is through with the wrestling business? I don’t have an answer to that one, but I would suggest that he is, to any large degree.

concerning Lilian Garcia

For the millions and millions of Lilan fans, Lilian is rehabbing from ACL surgery. I do not know when she will return to RAW, but she will in time.

To read his full blog, where he talks about Bret Hart's new book and more, head over to http://www.jrsbarbq.com

source pwmania