PDA

View Full Version : RVD's Role In ECW, What ECW Guys Are Getting Paid, Sabu

bad_meetz_evil
05-09-2006, 05:52 AM
Credit: WrestlingObserver.com Newsletter

With the exception of Rob Van Dam as the posterboy of the new ECW promotion, who is on a downside guarantee right now of about $250,000, pretty much the entire talent roster for the new ECW is being signed to standard entry level roster contracts, which consists of a $75,000 downside guarantee. The contracts are structured for one year, with WWE having the option to extend them for two and three years. However, WWE also has the right to cut the talent on 90 day cycles if the ECW project is dropped.

Despite conflicting reports, Sabu was offered the standard $75,000 downside guarantee one-year deal that all new talent for the ECW project were offered. TNA came very close to matching the offer, and if accepted Sabu would have been cleared to work Japan and other indies to add to his total income, but with the ECW project he has the potential to make more in general if the company succeeds, and would take in income from a variety of other outlets - most notably merchandising.

Metalring
05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
I seriously wouldn't want to see RVD competing in ECW.I still think that he'll win the Rumble next year going on to main event Mania.Maybe RVD could make guest appearances.

Still 2nd Place
05-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I think we all knew that RVD would become posterboy for the new ECW it makes sense as he is still going strong and he is a big name from ECW I think he is going to be who ECW is bulit around much like Raw around Triple H

LionDen
05-10-2006, 01:51 AM
yeah, RVD is well known with the WWE fans more than the new sign-ups and also, he is a connection back to the WWE, so it is understandable he be poster boy. The money wise is a smart move, this brand might not succeed, even though we love it, if it doesnt bring in mmoney, they will drop it.