PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos series finale kinda sucked balls!

LionDen
06-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Alot will disagree for many reasons but the ending with Tony and the family eating onion rings in a shitty diner then going to black as Meadow runs into the diner, I mean come on ...

Now saying that, ofcourse we have the young guys, the African Americans and the guy in the hat in the diner who look they are there to whack Tony, not to mention while everyone saw this happening, they are also waiting for maybe AJs car to blow up or daughter to get run over by a truck as Meadow ran across the road and .. ok who could miss Tony watching as the guy in the hat got up to go the toilet, not to mention the other young group and the African Americans but seriously ...

As he gets up to go the toilet, Meadow runs in, family eating onion rings, the screen goes to black. I must say this made me a little pissed offf although I did start to think about it.

There is a possibility they have left it like that for a movie, another TV series or even for us to make up our own ending. It is also possible that since the TV series was based on Tony, maybe he does get shot and since he is the key, the series goes black when he does. Another possibility is that the Sopranos are in the witness protection program and all these suspicious guys in the diner are FBI agents.

Who knows, do as you wish but personally, it annoyed me.

Black Widow
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
i think the whole series kinda sucked balls!

it just really bored me

*runs*

Flair Country
06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I fully agree LD! That episode could have made for a good season finale, but not a series finale! How can you end a show, with no ending? The lasting impression that people will have from now on about the Sopranos is how bad the ending was. The only thing that happend during the entire episode was Phil getting shot and his head getting squashed like a melon...that's it! I'm dissapointed with HBO, they could have blown people away with this ending and they really dropped the ball.

LionDen
06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I actually know of many people that only bought HBO just for the Sopranos and they are really pissed are now going to cancel it.

What happened to the ice cream parlor? lol That is where that shitty diner is located. How can a diner get shitty that quick.

welovefear
06-11-2007, 09:46 PM
my prediction is that AJ was the one who was shot by the black guys....because remember before when aj was with his friends and they beat down the black guy??? this coulve been retaliation......

cris
06-11-2007, 10:46 PM
The viewer was whacked, not Tony. Tony had a discussion with Bobby Bacala about dying, and supposedly all you see is black and hear nothing. Some think this was supposed to signify Tony getting killed, but it is neither that simple nor cheesy. The last few minutes in the diner scene, the tension is mounting for the viewer. You see time is running out, you are eyeing everyone in the restaurant. Every time the door bell jingles you look up. This is the world of Tony, for all of time looking over one’s shoulder, constant anxiety. However, Tony was pretty calm during that scene. The only one who was anxious is the viewer, and while WE spent all of our time focusing on Tony, BAM, lights out, we got done in. The last scene is not Tony looking at the door through his eyes, it is looking at Tony through our eyes. We did not see the door through Tony’s eyes then have it cut to black, we are staring at Tony and it cuts to black. Life goes on for The Family, there will be a tomorrow, but the viewer will not get to follow the exploits of the Soprano family, we were killed off. This has always been the essence of the show, "real life." Not everything works itself out; there are a lot of loose ends. In the end, life goes on; there was no need to wrap everything up. In fact if they did, it would have been a contemptible ending, simply because it would have been unrealistic, basically, impossible, and a horrible reflection on life. There was not going to be a big blowout at the end, because life does not work that way. Sure many things happened in the last few episodes, and sure more will come in the future, but we will not get to see it. What we got was a glimpse in time, a snapshot of Tony & his family. The show was always about life as mobster, everyday substance, and dealing with your family, your problems in life, highs and lows. It did, in a way, have a contented ending. Tony gets out of therapy, which was not helping him, AJ overcame depression, and Meadow is going to become a lawyer, probably get married. The Wife is flipping another house, which is her passion. The New Jersey situation was worked out, and even Agent Harris in the close turned out to be not so dissimilar from Tony, arousing moral indignation. Janice, Tony's sister, will finally get money for doing nothing. Phil got his, The End.

***** Now the viewer is not a real character (I should not have to explain this lol). We were not physically sitting in the diner, nobody in the diner had a reason to kill us, but we were watching his life, Tony’s life the entire time... And just like getting whacked in reality, you may know something might happen, but you never know when it is coming. That was the surprise ending, we were waiting (distracted) for Tony to get slain, and surprise, somebody for some reason pulled the plug on us.

Reiteration Source: Comcast Community Forums

elitefitness
06-11-2007, 11:35 PM
matt-730. That was a freaking brilliant post and perfectly explained.

Thank god you got it. I dont understand why this isnt obvious to everyone.

Repped.

voorhees
06-12-2007, 12:42 AM
i cant wait to eventually watch it

LionDen
06-12-2007, 04:19 AM

Repped.

I wonder if Matt actually wrote that :shifty: lol but he may be right and makes sense.

cris
06-12-2007, 04:49 AM

Repped.

Thanks, but I can't take all the credit, my post was a reiteration of another post from another forum (community). I concur with the original article, but this is just one of the many theories residing in my mind. Until the day David Chase himself explains this direction, course of action he took with the series, there is no wrong answer really. To each his own, speculation is keen.

ajs
06-14-2007, 12:02 AM
:cena::argue::thankyou:bullshit......it's just annouced that there will be a soprano's movie.this movie will answer all questions & close the book.

Flair Country
06-14-2007, 02:08 AM
:cena::argue::thankyou:bullshit......it's just annouced that there will be a soprano's movie.this movie will answer all questions & close the book.

Where did you hear that from?

bad_meetz_evil
06-14-2007, 03:47 AM
There has been talk of a Sopranos feature film that was to be released after the series had ended. While this idea was reportedly scrapped in favor of "The Final Nine" episodes that debuted in April 2007, creator David Chase did not rule out the possibility of a Sopranos movie at a future date.

:shifty: