PDA

View Full Version : WWE Writes Off "The Condemned" as a Loser

Flair Country
06-20-2007, 03:19 AM
World Wrestling Entertainment issued the following press release regarding the Steve Austin film vehicle "The Condemned", which pretty much confirms that the film was a major money loser for the company theatrically:

WWE Films Updates Expectations For Its Third Feature Film, ''The Condemned''
Tuesday June 19, 6:41 pm ET

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Following successful releases of "See No Evil" and "The Marine," WWE Films, a wholly-owned subsidiary of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE - News), announced today that it has re-evaluated expectations for its feature film, "The Condemned" and has recorded a related impairment charge of $15.7 million.
The charge, which will be included in the second quarter 2007 results, reflects the Company's revised long-term financial projections for the film, based on the $7.4 million in domestic box office receipts to-date.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE - News), can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

Trademarks: All World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. ECW is a trademark of WWE Libraries, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

As reported earlier today on PWInsider.com, the film will be released on DVD on 9/18.

PWInsider

I never saw this one but I don't remember anyone liking it. Maybe they can make back some money on DVD sales.

tommy
06-20-2007, 03:24 AM
The Condemned was actually very good. It was well done, expecially compared to the crap-fest that The Marine was. I don't understand how it bombed...