PDA

View Full Version : Santino Marella

Black Widow
06-25-2007, 09:01 PM
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6121/99867265nq1.png

ok where to start with this guy.. Santino Marella sucks no idea why hes IC Champ.. he cant wrestle.. every match he competes in he win by a roll up.. as a fan favourite you think he would be cheered but obviously alot of people hate him.. hes that hated the fans cheered umaga.. wwe forgot to release someone when they were cleaning up the rosters..

cant believe im saying this, but finally someone with less moves than cena..

i hope wwe sees sence and releases this waste of talent..

turk murphy
06-25-2007, 09:05 PM
santino marella has no ight to be IC champ this early in his WWE career. hes been a great wrestler in the independent circuit, wwe just doesnt know how to give good wrestlers the pushes they deserve.

bad_meetz_evil
06-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Wasn't Carlito the same? He won the United States championship in his debut, and turned out great. But the only reason this is diffrence, is 'cause Santino has no real 'gimmick', and his in ring skills sucks.

The Legend Killer 21
06-26-2007, 07:34 AM
his in ring skills sucks.

This is another case of Cena, the WWE champion wrestles a certain style due to his gimmick same with santino. From what i have seen Santino is actually very good and needs time for his character to devolop. In due time he'll be a solid wrestler who can out wrestle most people.

World Wide
06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
His gimmick is that of a fan. What's he meant to do, come out and put on a mat clinic after only being in the game for a couple of weeks? Think about it..

It's just another case of a gimmick holding back a wrestlers true potential.

Joe
06-26-2007, 01:02 PM
^^^ Exactly

His gimmick is that he is just learning, he loves the business and is scraping through every challenge because of that, i would think even the dumbest of fans could realise this is how he is being built up.

XXKSXX
06-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I happen to like him and he will get better. I also think he has every right to hold the IC belt. There has been worse IC champions in history.

Ill Will
06-27-2007, 02:01 AM
^^^ Exactly

His gimmick is that he is just learning, he loves the business and is scraping through every challenge because of that, i would think even the dumbest of fans could realise this is how he is being built up.In that case, it's just a bad gimmick, which is something that should still be ranted on.

What the hell were they thinking? Why would anyone be interested in the gimmick of a bad wrestler? Usually when wrestlers in WWE are held back because of a gimmick, the gimmick itself isn't them being a bad wrestler. Umaga, for example, is held back because his gimmick is "The Samoan Bulldozer", and he's a monster who's supposed to just squash everyone. In that line, it makes sense for him to not do a whole lot in the ring. With Marella, his gimmick gives him the excuse to not do much in the ring, but the gimmick itself is of someone who doesn't know how to wrestle. That's just poor writing. I think this was really just a bad idea, especially having him win a title on his debut. It wouldn't matter if he had all the in-ring ability, and the gimmick to showcase it with, he still shouldn't have won the IC title in his debut match.

Joe
06-27-2007, 08:26 AM
The original rant was on the guys ability which is still undecided, Rant on his gimmick all you want but its just basically the underdog/fan realising his dream angle which can be effective if done right, it also needs tme and you cant really expect him to dominate Umaga if he is IC champ or not, not how Umaga is being built up by any means. Kurts assumption that he is a fan fav and therefore should be cheered shows his lack of understanding about this gimmick and howits took off, i just think he should be given more time to develop, they cant all be superstars straight away.

Ill Will
06-27-2007, 07:35 PM
^I'm very much aware that the thread was about his wrestling ability. I was responding to the post that I quoted.

It's not about what ability he has, it's about what abilities he shows, or is allowed to show. This means that hypothetically, The Great Khali could be a great technical wrestler, but we wouldn't know it because of his gimmick. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to actually believe that, but the whole point here is that Marella is being judged by what he has done in a WWE ring, which isn't much. People who have seen him wrestle elsewhere say his lack of performance is due to his gimmick. This would naturally move the discussion from his true in-ring ability and potential to what he has actually done in WWE. If it is the gimmick that makes him appear dry and boring in the ring, then it only makes sense to rant on the gimmick also.

Joe
06-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah fair point, a rant on his gimmick is understandable and perfectly justified, i just think those who diss the man and his ability have shown a lack of understanding to what may be holding him back and that isnt justified with how little he has been given of a platform to perform.