PDA

View Full Version : Mysterio and Jindrak confirmed as Dr. Astin's clients

Ill Will
07-12-2007, 03:25 AM
WAGA-TV in Atlanta confirmed today that "OG" and "MJ" were, in fact, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Misterio) and Mark Jindrak (currently wrestling in CMLL as Marco Corleone). Both were patients of Dr. Phil Astin, and their medical records have been seized. The indictment listed both as having been overprescribed painkillers by Astin.

WAGA-TV is also reporting that the medical records of Larry Pfohl (Lex Luger), Marcus "Buff" Bagwell and Robert Howard (Bob Holly) have also been siezed. These names are added to a growing list of Astin patients that already includes Chris and Nancy Benoit and Mike Durham (Johnny Grunge).

In a programming note, Florida Rep Clifford Stearns, who is pushing for regulation of pro-wrestling, has been added to the Nancy Grace panel tonight. Show airs at 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST on CNN.

Source: F4WOnline.com

So apparently Astin was the source of drugs and prescriptions for several wrestlers. I hope he goes to prison for a very long time.

Butoden
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
If the doctor goes to jail what will happen to the wrestlers? Nothing? I don't think so. It's not like they are a victim, right? lol

Ill Will
07-13-2007, 02:19 AM
^The wrestlers should definitely be reprimanded too, but the doctor is more at fault because not only is he the facilitator, he's got a lot more charges against him than any one wrestler.

XXKSXX
07-13-2007, 07:32 PM
The Doctor will take some kind of plea and get a lesser sentence with what ever he will be charged with. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I've also herd that their are other sports stars on that list besides just wrestlers.