PDA

View Full Version : Get The Hook! - Eric Bishoff

Black Widow
07-12-2007, 08:27 PM
For the first time in my 20 years in this business, I am embarrassed.

Not because of the horrific act of an obviously troubled individual, who until a few weeks ago was a respected part of the sports-entertainment business. I don’t believe that the Benoit tragedy is representative of the business, or more importantly the people who are a part of it. Chris Benoit had psychological problems. The root cause of those problems will debated for months to come. As well they should be.

By experts.

Not by the parade of clowns who are fighting for their last 60 seconds of fame on cable news programs that are clearly sensationalizing and exploiting this situation for one reason and one reason only: ratings. If there was any doubt about that, one need only look back at the list of idiots that have covered this story. Nancy Grace…give me a break. Or how about Bill O’ Reilly? “Hard Hitting Interview”? Since when is a half decade old out of context interview newsworthy? Can anyone seriously argue that news networks are not exploiting and spinning the sad death of a wife, son, and father for one reason and one reason only?
But I’m not embarrassed by the obvious ethical/professional lapse of the cable news industry. I’ve never been in that business. Besides, we see it all the time.

The most embarrassing thing for me over the past ten days has been watching the likes of Debra Marshall-Williams-McMicheals-Whoeversheisgoingtotaketothecleanersnext, Marc Mero, Lanny Poffo, et all fighting like a bunch of addicts at a crack festival, trying to become the spokesperson for an industry in which they have been irrelevant for years. If it were not for the painful circumstances surrounding this issue, these three would have a regular gig on Saturday Night Live.

Hopefully accurate information will come out soon that will allow for a meaningful discourse surrounding this issue. In the meantime, somebody get the hook and get these clowns off the stage.

source:ericbishoff.com/blog (http://www.ericbischoff.com/blog.asp?Path=T1,0003&MaxListings=)

Flair Country
07-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Bischoff has got this nailed down pretty well, much to the same point that Ken Kennedy made. I have seen alot of these wrestler interviews, especially the ones on Fox News, and they are completely idiotic. Some stupid woman was interviewing Kevin Nash and the whole time she was just trying to get Nash to say that Benoit killed his family because of "roid rage." Nash did a much better job of handling the situation that I would have, cause I would have given her a first hand account of what "roid rage" feels like!

The Major
07-12-2007, 10:14 PM
now why doesnt everyone think like this.
people only go on tv and talk like they know what was going on inside beniots head just to get more money and make them feel a lil bit wanted. its all washed up wreslters and who ever. Ken and Eric should be listened too, they both make really good TRUTHFULL points.

DirtMerchant
07-13-2007, 01:15 AM
I Never thought I'd ever say this but... THANK YOU ERIC BISCHOFF,

Slayer_X
07-13-2007, 08:11 AM
nuff said. im interested in the case but i wont watch that crap unless they have someone important on. Bischoff doesnt look slimy next to these hanger-ons.