PDA

View Full Version : J.R's new Blog: Feels sorry for Edge, Dean Malenko, Divas, Khali & more

LionDen
07-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, which you can check out by clicking here (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/07/21/bar-b-q-heaven-dinner-at-toby-keith%e2%80%99s-home-bad-break-for-edge-feedback/).

Some highlights from this edition:

- I feel really bad for Edge, who will apparently be out of action for approximately 4 months due to a pec tear. Edge has arguably been one of the most valuable hands in the WWE for quite some time and is one of the overall most talented men in the company, from where I sit. Perhaps this untimely injury will be a blessing in disguise for Edge, over the long haul, as he will be able to get completely healthy before he roars back into the scene. For my money, I would say Edge will definitely have more title reigns before he decides to hang up what is shaping up to be a Hall of Fame level career. Edge was one of my signees many years ago and has always served the WWE and our fans well. Being a life long fan has helped Edge become the super star that he is, which speaks to the point that prospects should rarely be signed if they are not fans of the genre.

- Do I like diva matches? Not as much as The King, but I don’t “hate” them. They are entertaining at times and the Divas are more pleasing to the eyes than some hairy backed dude.

- Will Dean Malenko ever return to wrestling? Not likely but there is no doubt in my mind that Shelley Dean Malenko can still go with the best of them. The man of one thousand holds and one thousand one liners.

- Did the Brooklyn Brawler ever win a match? Absolutely. Several. OK, maybe not several, but some, and yes he is still with the WWE.

- I don’t think the presence of wrestling legends hurts the growth or advancement of the younger talents. If executed properly, the young bucks can get the all important “rub” from the veterans.

- I never write down phrases to fit into a show. I am not an actor and simply use my instincts, for better or for worse, to do play by play and rarely ever plan on exactly what I am going to say in a specific situation.

- I don’t know why Kevin Von Erich sold the family ranch, but I can tell you from experience that working on a ranch or a farm is damn hard work. KVE has paid his dues and is living at least part time in Hawaii as I understand it.

- I think Khali is the tallest champ ever in the WWE, but not the heaviest, as that would be the Big Show or Andre, most likely Andre. Khali be the “biggest ever” is called “hype”. Sort of like what the legit news media does every day to promote their shows.

PWInsider.com