PDA

View Full Version : HUGE NEWS! Jackass not to be at SummerSlam, new match added and reasons why!

LionDen
07-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Here is the reason why on RAW you saw that Umaga will be taking on Jeff Hardy at SummerSlam next month.

During the last week, the deal with the Jackass guys has fallen apart. During the 'Great American Bash' PPV, the Jackass crew were suppose to annoy Umaga all night and then in the match with Jeff Hardy, cost Umaga the title which ofcourse would lead up to the match at SummerSlam (as i mentioned in my LIVE coverage as to the surprise Umaga won). Since the Chris benoit tragedy, Johnny Knoxville from the Jackass crew and the guy WWE wanted the most at SummerSlam. Knoxville had originally agreed to do a couple of TV shows and the SummerSlam PPV. Close sources have said that since the Benoit tragedy occured, Knoxville and his people had started to distance themselves from the WWE, initially starting from we will do a couple of TV shows and the PPV to just doing the PPV. The word is now, sometime last week Knoxville completely pulled out from doing the SummerSlam PPV and all appearances. When Knoxville and others from the crew cancelled, the WWE decided to pull the whole angle and move in a different direction.

Sources say, if the angle of Umaga vs the Jackass crew happened, the Jackass crew were going to be put over and win the match.

This is the reason why Hardy did not win at the Great American Bash as planned. They are now moving towards the Hardy vs Umaga match at SummerSlam.

LionDen

JohnCenaFan28
07-24-2007, 05:51 AM
YES! NO JACKASS! I'M SO HAPPY! And now, Jeff can get the title back!

Bad Boy
07-24-2007, 12:25 PM
its good, it wud just be another crappy angle with the Jackass crew, now as eel said, maybe Jeff can get the title back..

XXKSXX
07-24-2007, 02:31 PM
IMO I don't mind that Jackass is not going to be at SS. Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga sounds much better then Umaga vs. Jackass.

gator
07-24-2007, 03:49 PM
good it was stupid when tna was doing the jackass stuff now we don't have see
it a summerslam

Jodes
07-24-2007, 07:35 PM
YES! NO JACKASS! I'M SO HAPPY! And now, Jeff can get the title back!

me to Eamon. i never wanted Jackass to be in SS to begin with :shifty:

DEMON
07-24-2007, 11:22 PM
thank goodness Knoxville came to his senses!
I didn't mind "Jackass" the show,but it pretty much became repeptitive after awile.I mean c'mon it was just 5 guys going out and hurting themselves and making money for it in return.

The Umaga vs. Hardy storyline is a much better idea anyhow.I mean who relly cares about a match between the Jackass crew and Umaga?
Its not even very creative on behalf of the WWE in the first place to think something like that up.
It just shows that they are really starting to reach for ideas now that alot of their superstars are getting hurt and they need to fill the void somehow.

LionDen
07-25-2007, 03:02 AM
thank goodness Knoxville came to his senses!
I didn't mind "Jackass" the show,but it pretty much became repeptitive after awile.I mean c'mon it was just 5 guys going out and hurting themselves and making money for it in return.

The Umaga vs. Hardy storyline is a much better idea anyhow.I mean who relly cares about a match between the Jackass crew and Umaga?
Its not even very creative on behalf of the WWE in the first place to think something like that up.
It just shows that they are really starting to reach for ideas now that alot of their superstars are getting hurt and they need to fill the void somehow.

Let us all remember that the network wanted Jackass on the WWE since their new TV show would be starting soon right after RAW on that channel. The publicity stunt was to promote the new show.

DEMON
07-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Let us all remember that the network wanted Jackass on the WWE since their new TV show would be starting soon right after RAW on that channel. The publicity stunt was to promote the new show.

HUH???:(
Sorry LD,I didn't know about the new show coming to USA.I hadn't heard anything about until now(I really got get back to getting on UOW everyday!:blush:,but work doesn't always let me).
I figured they were pushing the Umaga vs. Jackass thing becasue Steve-O does the "RAW Army Nation" commercial,and he and Chris Pontius did a guest appearance awhile back.

Thanks for the "late"(on my behalf not yours!!),yet still useful update.

LionDen
07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
No problem man, you are not alone to not know this fact. I am just glad they are not going to be there, I like Jeff hardy and his and Umagas feud should be great with the finale at SummerSlam. Plenty of time to build it up good to.

XXKSXX
07-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I didn't know about that show ether. But still glad to know that they aren't going to be at SS.

Punisher
07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
it was a dumb idea they already had a small thing with umaga and jackass before