PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heymen Not Under WWE Contract Says JR

Dangerous Incorporated
07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry. Here's some of what he covered:

- The last time I talked to Paul Heyman, and it has been quite some time, he was happy and busy writing screen plays for potential Hollywood films and enjoying spending time with his two children. I am under the impression that Heyman is no longer under contract to the WWE and hasn’t been for quite some time, but I am not involved in that end of the business any longer and never asked Paul when we had our visit. I did not take from our conversation that Paul missed the wrestling business to any noticeable degree.

- Sting in the WWE? It’s possible I suppose, but highly unlikely. Sting is obviously under contract with TNA as we speak, I would assume, and I don’t know if his future plans include staying in the biz for a long term or not. I wouldn’t hold my breath on this one. If Sting were in his early 30’s I might sing a different song.

- Of course Edge will be paid while he is off healing from his injury. Edge is not a circus animal, so to speak. Also, WWE wrestlers do not wrestle 300 days a year and haven’t in a LONG time…..the WWE pays for all medical bills for wrestlers who suffer in ring injuries….and the WWE pays for all wrestler’s expenses when they tour abroad, including travel, food, and lodging. Some of the quotes on selected, ill prepared and poorly produced news shows that I have heard featuring some ill informed ex-wrestlers has been embarrassing, as have the “hosts” who don’t care enough about the product to do their home work and find it easier to simply damn wrestling as a whole and those that are fans of the genre with wide, sweeping brush strokes. Is wrestling a “perfect business”? Absolutely not, but I choose to look for solutions to problems rather than to identify the same problems over and over again. The bias against wrestling by the main stream media has existed for as long as I can remember and the recent tragedies have only amplified such.

- The WWE schedules its events in specific regions of the country to make sure that on Monday and Tuesday their TV truck can efficiently and legally drive from Raw to Smackdown/ECW. That means that the events starting on Friday must “route” with the events that culminate with the two TV days on Monday and Tuesday. It’s like putting a puzzle together and it is a job I would NEVER want to attempt. The Oklahoma City question is one I get at our restaurant all the time. When the WWE was in the Oklahoma region of the USA, ie Texas, etc, the Ford Center was not available. I know that during the winter months that the Ford Center, being home for the NBA Hornets, was an issue regarding available dates. As I understand it the WWE returns to OKC in June of 2008, but I do not know the exact date.

Source: http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/07/26/bar-b-q%e2%80%99s-booming-catfish-magnum-ta-heaviest-champ-sign-police-favorite-sooners-college-or-wrestling-school-big-12-football-barbed-wire-madness-lawler-loves-superman/

This reminds me, I wonder what ever happened with the supposed lawsuit WWE issued against AWA for claiming Heymen had joined their company?