PDA

View Full Version : "Monday's RAW Rating Worst in Ten Years"?

Flair Country
08-02-2007, 12:23 AM
The 7/30 airing of WWE Raw on USA had a 2.51 cable rating, with a 1.83 in M18-49, a 1.99 in M18-34 and an average audience of 3.4 million viewers.

Gerweck

More on how bad this rating actually is...

This morning, I mentioned here on the site that I heard the Raw rating was so low I had to confirm it before I would post it. Well, I have done that with WWE sources. After three straight weeks of doing a 3.4 cable rating according to Nielsen Media Research, Monday's show did just a 2.5. That is a drop of 26% from the previous week and a downright scary number. When I first heard it, I thought it had to be a mistake given that Raw never drops that much in a week. I am still somewhat hesitant to believe it wasn't affected by some kind of glitch along the way. Next week's number will be telling for WWE, for sure. If it stays low, WWE has serious, serious problems.

The 2.5 is the lowest non-holiday rating since October 27, 1997, which was a 2.3. That show was a taped Raw (taped on October 21st) and headlined by WWF World Champion Bret Hart vs. Ken Shamrock, Intercontinental Champion Owen Hart vs. Ahmed Johnson and WWF Tag Team Champions The Legion Of Doom vs. Los Boricuas. It also had one of Jim Cornette's rants about how horrible WCW was.

That same night, a live WCW Nitro did a 4.3 headlined by World Champion Hulk Hogan vs. Diamond Dallas Page, Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage, U.S. Champion Curt Hennig vs. Booker T, Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho and Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio vs. Dean Malenko.

PWInsider

Butoden
08-02-2007, 12:26 AM
LoL!! USA Network will be pleased! XD

legolas4792
08-02-2007, 03:37 AM
wwe ratings keep dropping idk why

Appels
08-02-2007, 03:41 AM
WWE has the worst storylines. The divas are hot, but their storylines are terrible, not to mention so many of the gimmicks are pretty retarded.

Flair Country
08-02-2007, 02:48 PM
I thought the 2.5 was a misprint when I first saw it. I still can't believe that's the right number...

Smackdown might actually have a higher rating than RAW this week.

matt3162
08-02-2007, 07:57 PM
They don't have any big name people on there,like HBK,HHH,etc.

yankeesman77
08-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Its still because of the Benoit Tragedy and alot of Parent's don't want their kids to watch a program that represents "violence" like they do. But when your starting to see on Raw a good transition of talent whether its Ken Kennedy and Carlito finally getting a push, Umaga being represented John Cena (Love him or hate him) but the show quality has been pretty decent of late but I also don't really understand on why the ratings have dropped as low as they've been. To that mindless fan chanting TNA, Even with the WWE in Raw and ECW getting low ratings TNA is so far behind that I don't want to waste my finger strength on ranting on how fucked up TNA really is at this point as both companies as in being desperate. Why hasn't anybody really paid attention to great wrestling in ROH is bewho of me but thats my reasoning.