PDA

View Full Version : Nancy gets Hollywood star

OMEN
05-14-2006, 10:15 AM
http://www.news24.com/Images/Photos/20060512094651nancy.jpg
Nancy Sinatra holds her star during a ceremony honouring her with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles - Nancy Sinatra pulled on a pair of boots one more time for a strut on the Walk of Fame.

The 1960s pop icon was honoured with a star on Hollywood Boulevard four decades after the debut of her rebel hit These Boots Are Made for Walkin in 1966.

"My advice to young women starting out is hang tough, don't quit - even if it takes 40 years," Sinatra said.

The daughter of Frank Sinatra was also known for her blonde bouffant, vampy style and string of chart-topping tunes, including Sugar Town and the James Bond title track You Only Live Twice.

She wore jeans instead of her '60s trademark miniskirt for the Walk of Fame ceremony.

"I've very proud of my sister," Frank Sinatra Jr said. "Not only is she a fine talent but a great American."

In 1967, Nancy Sinatra recorded Something Stupid, a duet with her father that became a No 1 hit. She also co-starred with Elvis Presley in the 1968 film Speedway.

Her latest album of new songs, released in 2004, featured collaborations with Morrissey, Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth, Jarvis Cocker and other rockers.

AAP

Kellie
05-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I thought she would have already had a star

scorpionf
05-15-2006, 10:58 AM
About damn time!!!

I am so pleased she has a star there now! :)