PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Lohan sued over car chase

OMEN
08-16-2007, 10:11 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42992000/jpg/_42992829_lohan_gettyb.jpg
Lindsay Lohan also faces criminal charges over the incident
A passenger in a car allegedly pursued by Hollywood star Lindsay Lohan during a high-speed chase last month is suing the actress for assault and negligence.

Tracie Rice claimed Ms Lohan "put me through one of the most frightening experiences of my life".

"What Miss Lohan did that night was extremely dangerous. Someone could easily have been killed." The case was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

The incident also led to Lohan's arrest on drink-driving and drug charges.

The 21-year-old was stopped by police in Santa Monica, California, on 24 July.

She was charged with driving under the influence, cocaine possession, bringing a controlled substance into custody and driving on a suspended licence.

Alcohol treatment

Ms Rice was a passenger in a car driven by Michelle Peck, the mother of Ms Lohan's personal assistant, who is understood to have stopped working for the actress hours before the alleged chase.

The legal documents, filed on Tuesday, said: "Plaintiff was convinced that their lives were in danger and that they had to outrun the pursuing car or they might be killed."

The incident happened just weeks after Ms Lohan finished a second stint in rehab. Photos taken around the time show her wearing an alcohol monitoring bracelet.

Her lawyer issued a statement after the arrest saying the actress had suffered a relapse and was receiving medical care.

Ms Lohan also faces another drink-driving charge in Beverly Hills, stemming for an accident in May.

The actress shot to fame as a teenager in films such as The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday, but has struggled to maintain her early promise.

Recent films Georgia Rule and I Know Who Killed Me failed to impress at the US box office and have been savaged by critics.

BBC