PDA

View Full Version : Major Announce Team Shakeup?, Flair To Retire, More

AFC1986
08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Monday night was a test run to see how Jim Ross and Tazz would do as a team, and some people were impressed. Vince McMahon has been wanting to split up J.R. and Lawler for some time, feeling the combo is "too Southern," but television producer Kevin Dunn is strongly against it. If it's made permanent, Lawler would join Joey Styles in ECW, and occasionally work matches there as well. Dusty Rhodes really wants Lawler on ECW. Lawler and J.R. are really close and would obviously not be happy with the change.

It is believed that a Ric Flair retirement storyline is going to start imminently, perhaps in the next few weeks, to culminate at either Royal Rumble, No Way Out or WrestleMania next year. Flair would obviously prefer the latter. Flair, who is 58 years old, has been saying that this was going to be his last year as a regular in-ring competitor.

As reported earlier, the waiter in the Simmons/Maria/Santino skit on Raw was Raw head writer Brian Gewirtz. He also wrote and directed the whole skit. He produces a number of the skits that happen on Raw.

credit: wrestlezone.com

i think that the announce teams should stay as they are and i can't see lawler going to ecw seeing as he has never been shy on his hate for ecw. as for flair, i'm not surprised he's retiring soon as he has had an amazing career and is only wrestling to pay some of the tax that he owes and i expect to see him in the hall of fame in 2008

JohnCenaFan28
08-22-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm SO happy Flair is retiring soon! He was putting his legendary career to shame by wrestling in his state. I personally did not find that Tazz worked well with JR. I honestly would not split up the legendary team of JR and King, they're legends together and apart...

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
08-22-2007, 11:28 PM
I honestly would not split up the legendary team of JR and King, they're legends together and apart...

Totally Agree I think that having a good announce team that have good chemistry as an announce team and a good friendship does in itself draw ratings to me having JR and King at the announce table make me wanna watch RAW aswell as the rest of the show but I think that a Legendary announces team does draw people to watch

modest91
08-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Noooooooooooooooooo. King and JR are the best! Their the only thing that keep me awake when a match is boring.. :(

legolas4792
08-23-2007, 02:07 AM
lawler on ecw would not fit at all if tazz is going to raw then let joey go freestyle or put jbl there. IDK if this is a good idea

Punisher
08-23-2007, 03:50 AM
there shouldn't be a split of the announce teams. for each respective show there is a chemistry that shouldnt be split up

Jodes
08-23-2007, 11:39 AM
leave lawler where he is:) and :woohoo: finally Flair leaving :woohoo:

ray ray
08-23-2007, 06:17 PM
now why would they do that what dusty should push for is a tag divison in ecw

XXKSXX
08-24-2007, 10:24 PM
It really doesn't matter to me if they split the teams up or not. I don't think Flair will ever really retire it's just not in him to do that. I would rather he didn't. I would like to see him as a manager I think he would do a excellent job at doing that.