PDA

View Full Version : I won't die, Amy Winehouse says

OMEN
09-06-2007, 08:04 AM
http://stuff.co.nz/images/322498.jpg
DOING FINE: Amy Winehouse says she and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil are okay and won't end up dead like punk icons Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.
Amy Winehouse has vowed she and husband Blake Fielder-Civil will "not end up dead" like punk icons Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.

The troubled Rehab singer - who returned to the UK yesterday with Blake after a week-long holiday in the Caribbean island of St Lucia - is adamant she and her husband will not follow the same self-destructive path as the Sex Pistol rocker and his drug addict girlfriend.

The 23-year-old singer - who was rushed to hospital after collapsing from a drugs overdose last month - said: "We are not going to end up like them. We're in love and have everything to live for."

Heroin addict Sid was arrested on suspicion of stabbing Nancy to death in 1978. He later died of a drugs overdose in 1979.

Amy and Blake - who were seen in public covered in cuts and blood after a vicious bust-up before they jetted off on holiday - were pictured arm-in-arm as they arrived at Gatwick airport yesterday. Blake was carrying a large framed photograph of the couple on their wedding day under his arm.

The 26-year-old said: "I like having it with me. It's beautiful. It reminds me of what we have together."

Amy has seen her records race up the UK charts in recent weeks, despite calls from her in-laws to boycott her music.

Back to Black is currently No. 2 in the UK album chart, while Amy's debut effort Frank has also re-entered the top 30.

She is among 12 acts nominated for the award - which recognises the best British or Irish album of the last 12 months.

Other nominees include Dizzee Rascal, Arctic Monkeys, The View and Jamie T.

Bang Showbiz

OH Dammm..