PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Compares Brock Lesnar And Kurt Angle

Black Widow
09-07-2007, 10:10 AM
EX-WWE superstar Brock Lesnar could be joining the UFC in the near future — but Kurt Angle has been snubbed by the MMA organisation.

Lesnar is currently training with MMA legend Royce Gracie and many are tipping him to break into the UFC.

President Dana White said: "Lesnar's only had one MMA fight, but the guy has been wrestling his whole life.

"I've talked to people I respect in the business who have trained him and they say this guy is really talented. I see a lot of potential in him."

Lesnar made his mixed martial arts debut in a K-1 fight against Min Soo Kim in June, where an impressive display from the American saw him completely dominate his opponent.

After just 78 seconds, the referee called a stop to the fight after Lesnar mounted the Korean and launched a barrage of pummelling blows to his head.

Yet White warned the competition Lesnar could come up against would be far stronger in the UFC.

He added: "There's nothing but top competition in the UFC.

"You don't walk into the UFC and fight easy guys — it doesn't happen."

While Lesnar appears to have a future in the UFC, fellow ex-WWE champion Angle will defnitely not be joining the promotion.

White said: "I've talked to Kurt a couple of times, although the thing with him was I never really thought he was taking it seriously.

"But Brock Lesnar is taking this s**t seriously.

"Angle wasn't willing to train and go to one of the camps and start to learn — he wanted to come right into the UFC.

"Brock Lesnar, on the other hand, has been training with an awesome camp.

"He's already had a fight in a smaller organisation, he's taken it seriously.

"If you look at Brock, he's young. Take away all of his wrestling credentials, which are enough to get you into the UFC anyway, and look at the size of him.

"It's more serious to me that Brock would fight in the UFC."

- thesun.co.uk

jamie66
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Sounds like Angle, always wants things handed to him on a platter.