PDA

View Full Version : The Rock, WrestleMania 24

cris
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Source: Wrestling Observer

Dave Meltzer reports that The Rock has agreed to work a match at WrestleMania 24, only if WWE can provide him a high profile match and put him over. Shawn Michaels' return is being rushed for this purpose. It's believed he will turn heel in order to feud with Rock in what The Rock wants to be his sendoff from wrestling. The possibility of Michaels walking into WrestleMania as WWE Champion has also been mentioned, though nothing concrete has come of it. WrestleMania 24 will take place in The Rock's home state of Florida.

If this information is in fact true, the contention/contest will be nothing short of epic.

Though wouldn't this be, their first encounter, matchup?

Bazzinator
09-18-2007, 08:28 AM
well if he has the titles and he wants a good sendoff wouldn't he have to win and become the champion, making the title inactive

Adam Copeland2
09-18-2007, 09:05 AM
well, THe rock vs Shawn Micheals definitely cannot be a title match, since, one is on the verge of retirement, and the other is a part-time wrestler only now...so, if that match HAS to happen, the possibilty of Shawn Micheals entering WM24 as WWE champion is ouuta the question....& this is one of those matches that has never(?) happened..so, this one is definitely a dream match for me...like, Kurt Angle vs HBK was..

Bad Boy
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
very good to hear, and Im lovin the idea of Shawn vs. The Rock... nuthin short of epic...

Big Evil
09-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I think this would be an epic match that would pull in great ratings. I don't know about the WWE championship, but it should still happen. The only part I don't like is this match being Rock's 'send-off' from wrestling. He should come back full-time, not leave us for good!

Slayer_X
09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
should be great.i dont think it has happened

W-OLF
09-18-2007, 01:56 PM
No they have never faced off As I recall Rock at one time even said he wouldnt face Shawn from the Kliq days and how he treated the Rock on his arrival to the then WWF.

matt3162
09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I hope it happens.

Kage
09-18-2007, 02:18 PM
sounds like it would be awesome, but dont get too excited yet, wwe changes there mind dayly and Wrestlemania is still a long time away.

jamie66
09-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I would like The Rock to be around for a few months before the match, and not be like all the returns have been in WWE lately...like only turning up at WM24 for the buyrates...now that would suck if that's how it played out.

The match would certainly be a dream match-up and a nice send off for Rock, plus the fans would go nuts me included for the likes of a HBK vs Rock match for the first time ever.

heartbreakkid
09-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Its a great idea, however I dont like the idea of the rock going over in the match. Its an unwritten rule that one has to lose in their last match, so why is it different for the rock? If this is going to be his sendoff, he should put someone over, even if it is a nearly-retired HBK

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
09-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Its a great idea, however I dont like the idea of the rock going over in the match. Its an unwritten rule that one has to lose in their last match, so why is it different for the rock? If this is going to be his sendoff, he should put someone over, even if it is a nearly-retired HBK

Trish Stratus won her final match and since when is it an unwritten rule

The Rock Vs Shawn Michaels would be worth buying the PPV alone

Kage
09-18-2007, 06:03 PM

If he were to put anyone over, it would probably be John Cena. So I hope he's not gonna put someone over. I think legends such as The Rock, Stone Cold, and Chris Jericho deserve to win there last match. Even if Rock does beat HBK for the wwe title it will probably turn into a tournament for the gold.

JohnCenaFan28
09-18-2007, 09:44 PM
That sounds awesome! Just as long as the Rock comes back looking great to the ring and not looking unprepared as well as being able to do everything he used to and possibly more then it will be a dream come true!

J-man
09-19-2007, 02:40 AM
sounds like it would be awesome, but dont get too excited yet, wwe changes there mind dayly and Wrestlemania is still a long time away.

This is completely true but in a match like this which Rock has agreed to work I dont think that would happen and I hope it does happen cause that would be awesome

ClayMation
09-19-2007, 04:46 AM
Dude this is a dream for me...my two all time favs in the ring? Hopefully it happens. It would be a ridiculous match. HBK as champion going in would be fantastic. He's what...like 41 or something? Still in his prime (although he probably wont be around much longer anyways due to family and whatnot).

This gets me excited. hopefully it plays out.

cullumfan
09-19-2007, 04:53 AM
amazing if true

XXKSXX
09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
WHAT? Why in the hell does the Rock need someone to put him over he is already over lol. I don't think Rock should do this because he's basically left wrestling. I don't want to see him come back for one match. If he's going to come back then it should be for good. I hate that when a wrestle comes in for one match on one PPV and wins then leaves.

therock2027
09-20-2007, 02:33 AM
i think therock vs shawn match will never happen unless there is mutual understanding between both of them but rock vs cena is possible.

willpro256
09-22-2007, 03:52 AM
wwe bring back the "GREAT ONE" .....

demolition89
09-22-2007, 06:41 AM
I'd really love to see this happen. I'd also love Rock to due a final "tune up" on Raw before Wrestlemania ~ one more match with Triple H!

Will
09-22-2007, 09:38 PM
The Rock, and everyone else in the business, has said over and over and over and over and over that he is absolutely finished with the business and people still post things like this. He is gone forever, get used to it.

flamesoffury
09-23-2007, 12:18 AM
^ never say never in wwe..

Source: Wrestling Observer

Dave Meltzer reports that The Rock has agreed to work a match at WrestleMania 24, only if WWE can provide him a high profile match and put him over. Shawn Michaels' return is being rushed for this purpose. It's believed he will turn heel in order to feud with Rock in what The Rock wants to be his sendoff from wrestling. The possibility of Michaels walking into WrestleMania as WWE Champion has also been mentioned, though nothing concrete has come of it. WrestleMania 24 will take place in The Rock's home state of Florida.

i think i just wet myself... i mean.. finally, the rock has come back.. to orlando! fuck if this happens I HAVE TO FUCKING GO!!!!!!! i wish i had money :sad: rock (face) vs hbk (heel) is perfect and hbk walking in as champion and rock walking out as champion is such a great ending to rock's and hbk's career. they could always do a gold rush tournament on raw and crown a champion at backlash.. dammit i just saw this. i cant believe i didtnt see it on the 18th.

Will
09-23-2007, 12:26 AM
^ never say never in wwe..

From Jim Ross three days ago.

I think Rock loves making films better than the constant travel and physical toll wrestling takes on one’s body and personal life. Considering I communicate with Rock on a somewhat regular basis and you most likely don’t, I can conclusively tell you Rock has the wrestling business in his blood, but he has simply moved on to other career opportunities.

flamesoffury
09-23-2007, 01:16 AM
From Jim Ross three days ago.

do you believe everything jim ross says? although, i have a doubt it wont happen.. but i like to keep everything open until it is 100% confirmed. so many times have i read orton will be champ, but nope.. wont believe it until orton actually wins the title. you cant believe stuff on the net even if its from jrs mouth. look at kurt angle going to tna.. look at y2j not being signed by either company despite being rumored to already have signed with wwe on larry king live.

XXKSXX
09-23-2007, 01:33 AM
The Rock has agreed to work a match at WrestleMania 24, only if WWE can provide him a high profile match and put him over.

Why would HBK want to do this for the The man formally known as the Rock. There's no reason why he would do that it make no sense what so ever. I still think the Rock will never wrestle again. I also don't think he really wants much to do with it anymore.

Will
09-23-2007, 03:47 AM
do you believe everything jim ross says? although, i have a doubt it wont happen.. but i like to keep everything open until it is 100% confirmed. so many times have i read orton will be champ, but nope.. wont believe it until orton actually wins the title. you cant believe stuff on the net even if its from jrs mouth. look at kurt angle going to tna.. look at y2j not being signed by either company despite being rumored to already have signed with wwe on larry king live.

For the most part, yes i do believe what JR says. He isn't some 12 year old kid posting on websites in his basement. He is the former head of the WWE's talent division, a guy who talks to Rock all the time, and the highest ranking person in the company that actually gives fans straight answers. For example have you heard JR say that Orton would win the title, or that Y2J had resigned? Nope, you haven't, but he has said many many times, since the rock last wrestled THREE AND A HALF YEARS AGO, that the Rock was done with wrestling. I understand you wanting to keep your hopes for one last rock mark out moment alive, but the fact is that it just isnt going to happen.

AS a matter of fact, if you don't believe good ol JR. here is a quote directly from the Rocks mouth.

In a recent interview (September 11 2007) on ESPN show Jim Rome is burning, Dwayne said that he is completely done with professional wrestling because he wants to focus on his movie career.

youngi
09-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Sounds great. Hope it hapens

Jodes
09-24-2007, 07:00 PM
i like The Rock as a actor. WWE does not need him please do me a huge favor and stick to movies its where i like to see you:) and i am so going to try so hard to go to WM 24 its like 15 mins from me by Car :shock:

JohnCenaFan28
09-24-2007, 08:21 PM
I wish any WWE event were 15 minutes away from me by car:sad:

tommy
09-24-2007, 10:43 PM
i like The Rock as a actor. WWE does not need him please do me a huge favor and stick to movies its where i like to see you:) and i am so going to try so hard to go to WM 24 its like 15 mins from me by Car :shock:

I should be going as well, since it's only 4 hours away. You are wrong though...the WWE DOES need the Rock, with all the suspensions and lack of talent. And, I WANNA SEE THE ROCK WRESTLE!!!! Rock vs HBK would be amazing.

XXKSXX
09-25-2007, 03:17 PM
No tommy the WWE doesn't need the Rock all wrestlers will be coming back there not gone for ever. Think about it he's not in wrestling shape he's been off making moves and truthfully I don't think he gives a crap about the WWE. Plus if he came back he would probably half ass it and I don't want to see that. Same thing with Y2J if he comes back he's not going to be in wrestling shape ether. I want him to come back thou he still has something to offer to the wrestling industry. The Rock, I don't think ever really cared for the business.