PDA

View Full Version : ECW To Air On Sci-Fi Channel?

The Crippler
05-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Credit: PWInsider

WWE's revival of Extreme Championship Wrestling has secured a weekly timeslot on the Sci-Fi Channel, according to a report by the Wrestling Observer website. According to the report, ECW would debut in mid or late June, unless there are late changes.

PWInsider.com has independently confirmed with an NBC Universal source that negotiations are ongoing for an ECW time slot but the source believed that a final decision on whether ECW would air on Sci-Fi or the USA Network (both of which are owned by NBC Universal) had not been made.

The Observer report indicates an official press release would be coming within the next week.

At one point, Sci-Fi had a 2 hour special scheduled for 5/30. That special is no longer listed internally with their programming department.

F4L
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Sci-Fi channel + ECW+ WWE= Great Television

Still 2nd Place
05-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Sci-Fi ah thats makes sense :hmm: Whatever as long as its on TV I dont care but I cant wait I hope that we get to see real ECW and maybe with it on Sci-Fi it will be able to be more extream them it would be on USA seeing as how the movies they show are violent so I will just have to wait and see but it dont matter the network it on as long as its on TV the next question is can we have another good run from ECW

Slash
05-18-2006, 01:29 AM
Wonder if it'll be on the Sci-Fi Channel over here?

yankeesman77
05-18-2006, 02:29 AM
This to me is a big shocker considering I thought that ECW was gonna be on USA but on the Sci Fi channel? Interesting but I still cant wait to see ECW back on a weekly Basis as I can hear the chants of "You Fucked up" and "ECW, ECW, ECW" in my head at this very moment and possibly the best thing that has ever happneed to the Sci - Fi channel ever lol.

justbringit04
05-18-2006, 03:28 AM
theres nothing sci fi about wrestling

Rob
05-18-2006, 04:32 AM
theres nothing sci fi about wrestling
sure there is, you got undertaker making his horror entrance, boogeyman eating worms, etc....

POINT IS: USA is owned by NBC, so is Sci-Fi, so it makes perfect sense to have it on a NBC network, but scifi i dont understand... why not just put it on CNBC or something like that?

the madscotsman
05-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Wonder if it'll be on the Sci-Fi Channel over here?

I'm thinking the Same thing. Bravo showed ECW when they were around so hopefully Sci Fi show it over here.

Metalring
05-18-2006, 06:28 PM
ECW and Sci Fi sounds like a wierd mix.I wonder if they'll incorporate some type of alien gimmick on an ECW wrestler.

MrPPV
05-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Hopefully it'll be on the UK Sci-fi channel, if it is I'll be very happy. Sci-Fi is a cult-ish channel, and as ECW is cult programming, it sorta makes sense. I'll be satisfied as long as I get to see it.

shakie
05-19-2006, 01:05 AM
i dont get what anything involving ECW and Sci-fi channel have in common. Probably the weirdest choice in the world. But at least We get to watch it.

camera guy
05-19-2006, 01:36 AM
doesnt really make sence but i cant wait to watch

the madscotsman
05-19-2006, 01:50 PM
doesnt really make sence but i cant wait to watch

when did ECW need to make sense lol?:agree: