PDA

View Full Version : Cena out 6-8 months

Black Widow
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Cena out with pec tear, must surrender WWE Championship
Written: October 2, 2007

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – WWE Champion John Cena has suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon and is heading into surgery, according to noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete this Sunday at No Mercy, and he will have no choice but to surrender the title.

Dr. Andrews said Cena could miss between six and eight months of action. Cena was injured during his match Monday night on Raw with Mr. Kennedy. Before visiting Dr. Andrews, Cena had said, “No matter how serious, the injury, one way or another I’ll be ready to compete on Sunday.”

But despite Cena’s vow, WWE officials will not allow him to compete at No Mercy. Therefore, he must surrender the WWE Championship.

WWE officials vow that there will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

Stay with WWE.com for further updates on Cena’s condition and on No Mercy as they become available.

- WWE.com

tommy
10-02-2007, 11:16 PM
...DAMN IT! It's so bad he can't even fight and lose it. This is really bad.

ClayMation
10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
THANK GOD we are gonna have a new champ though

matt234
10-02-2007, 11:35 PM
THAT SUCKS

the only good thing is that hopefully they will design a new belt

Will
10-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Hopefully Cena will be revitalized and the fans will support him again, when he comes back from his rather lengthy vacation. I have grown rather tired of having to listen to all the haters.

619_fan
10-03-2007, 01:02 AM
This is the break from John Cena every WWE fan has been asking for! (Ok, not everyone but quite a few are sick of John Cena) Yea sure it could of been in a better way as it's never good to see some one get injured but think of it, Orton, main event of No Mercy... standing in the middle of the ring, not knowing who his opponent will be then suddenly... "BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!" oh... I would be the happiest WWE fan alive at that point!

JohnCenaFan28
10-03-2007, 02:27 AM
I'm really happy that Cena is gone, I would have preferred it to NOT have been an injury but with him gone WWE can actually open their eyes and push more DESERVING people.

Will
10-03-2007, 03:49 AM
who is more deserving than the guy who gets the most reactions, sells the most merchandise and puts the most asses in the seats?

ClayMation
10-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Will, that answer....Triple H. :-)

Y2J vs Orton....good idea. But I doubt Jericho will wrestle his first appearance. They gotta hype that match up and everything in typical WWE fashion. But hey, ya never know. Vince might go for it. IF its Jericho that is ;)

Will
10-03-2007, 05:33 AM
HHH is hurt too much, was at his peak,as far as merchandise, as part of groups such as DX v.1 and v.1.01 and its not unusual for fans to get bored with him. Positive, or negative, no one gets the reactions that Cena does.

Pyro18
10-03-2007, 06:44 AM
All I can say is thank god. It was time for a break and for someone else to be the champ.

tommy
10-03-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm really happy that Cena is gone, I would have preferred it to NOT have been an injury but with him gone WWE can actually open their eyes and push more DESERVING people.

Like Will said, name me one superstar that gives more for the company than Cena does. Show me one other person who will film a movie and still make RAW every week. Or someone who will tour constantly without a single break for over 3 years so his fans can see him. Give me one name. One person that can do this without abusing substances (there goes your golden boy...)

All I can say is thank god. It was time for a break and for someone else to be the champ.

You thank God that a man has a serious injury? Wow...

Bad Boy
10-03-2007, 07:09 AM
well its a good thing that there will be a new champion, but sux that Cena has to loose it thru surrender... many title changes are happening because of injuries and suspensions lately, which sux... but cant wait to see who will Orton's opponent be...

LionDen
10-03-2007, 10:14 AM
He might give alot to the company but seeing him defeat obstacle after obstacle was getting disturbing and boring. Even Hogan lost now and then.

Although, it dissapoints me he will not lose the title in a match, I really wanted to see him lose it properly.

XXKSXX
10-03-2007, 03:00 PM
People that cheer because a wrestler gets hurt they need help. I also would have rather seen him lose it in the ring and not because of a injury. I would think if he could have he would have been in the match at No Mercy but to me it looked bad when it happen, and when they showed the replay on ECW he was in some pain.But he finished the match and the after match to. I will be looking forward to Cena coming back when he's ready. Why do people think that Y2J should get a title shot he hasn't even been around? I would think u need to win a few matches before u get a title shot.

Will
10-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Why do people think that Y2J should get a title shot he hasn't even been around? I would think u need to win a few matches before u get a title shot.

Because people, in the IWC, have given Jericho god like status. He wasn't that great in the ring, he wasn't that great on the mic and he didn't sell tickets. I would take Cena, even with a torn pec muscle, as my champ every time if the choice was him or jericho.

Kyal_Cena
10-04-2007, 04:38 AM
That is very good news for orton and Kennedey

ravensclan27
10-04-2007, 04:58 AM
Orton should have broken Cenas damn neck and ended his career. RKO Randy Orton

Flair Country
10-04-2007, 05:00 AM
Because people, in the IWC, have given Jericho god like status. He wasn't that great in the ring, he wasn't that great on the mic and he didn't sell tickets. I would take Cena, even with a torn pec muscle, as my champ every time if the choice was him or jericho.

That's true hate right there folks. :rolleyes:

LionDen
10-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I ws impressed with the way Cena continued with the match, he was hurt early and you could tell he was in pain all the way through the match favouring that arm.

Jericho should not be champ, I agree, i never liked him, I never thought much of him, alot of people loved him but his myth is what has inspired all these people to love him again. Maybe they just want something new and Jericho is the answer.

lol I wonder if Orton or Kennedy or other superstars secretly thought to themselves, thank god Cena is hurt, now i can get a chance or more limelight lol, yeah, just kidding but a possibility :shifty:

lildemon4
10-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Whats Up ? With the Cena haters.. Cena has stood for the good of the people from all that I have witnessed, even when they were throwing all the odds against him .

Ill Will
10-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Because people, in the IWC, have given Jericho god like status. He wasn't that great in the ring, he wasn't that great on the mic and he didn't sell tickets. I would take Cena, even with a torn pec muscle, as my champ every time if the choice was him or jericho.As far as Jericho not being that great in the ring, and not that great on the mic, that's just your opinion, and it happens to be in the extreme minority. As for him not selling tickets, you're simply wrong. He was/is a huge draw.

Whats Up ? With the Cena haters.. Cena has stood for the good of the people from all that I have witnessed, even when they were throwing all the odds against him .People got sick of that crap. That's what's up.

Will
10-08-2007, 01:06 PM
That's true hate right there folks. :rolleyes:

oh come on, you can honestly say that Cena doesn't get more reactions, sell more tickets and merchandise and show more passion for the business than Jericho? There is a reason that Jerichos world title run failed miserably, while Cena always has the belt.

tommy
10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Orton should have broken Cenas damn neck and ended his career. RKO Randy Orton

You are an effing idiot, and a horrible person...

Man I wish I had the power to ban an insensitive prick like you.

Ill Will
10-11-2007, 04:43 PM
You are an effing idiot, and a horrible person...

Man I wish I had the power to ban an insensitive prick like you.A moderator flaming someone outside of rants?

mmkay...

tommy
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
A moderator flaming someone outside of rants?

mmkay...

When someone starts hoping and wishing that a man gets his neck broken, yes, I'll "flame".

rebelboy
10-11-2007, 10:25 PM
thats how i ran all my boards tommy, anywho on subject sucks for cena also sucks we have a coward for a champ i hope it doesn't last long

Ill Will
10-13-2007, 06:23 AM
When someone starts hoping and wishing that a man gets his neck broken, yes, I'll "flame".oh, ok, so we can just throw the rules out of the window when you find a post offensive?

tommy
10-13-2007, 05:00 PM
oh, ok, so we can just throw the rules out of the window when you find a post offensive?

Look, I may have gone too far, but it's just not right to say crap like that about anyone. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with what I said.

Will
10-13-2007, 07:27 PM
No one was offended, although if you were then get over it you baby, and calling someone an idiot is certainly not "going to far" nor is it against any rules.

wcwnitro2000
10-15-2007, 10:50 AM
cena gets the crowds, mainly kids and woman, i dont like him personally, sad about his injury

Ill Will
10-15-2007, 04:15 PM
No one was offended, although if you were then get over it you baby, and calling someone an idiot is certainly not "going to far" nor is it against any rules.It most certainly is against the rules to call someone an idiot outside of rants.

Should I be proud or disappointed that I am more aware of the rules than moderators?

tommy
10-15-2007, 04:31 PM
It most certainly is against the rules to call someone an idiot outside of rants.

Should I be proud or disappointed that I am more aware of the rules than moderators?

That was a rant...granted, a very short one, but a rant none the less.

Does this even matter, or are you just bored and trying to cause a fuss?