PDA

View Full Version : Quotes From Bret Hart's Book; Drugs, Cheating, Abuse

Black Widow
10-27-2007, 01:11 PM
-- Bret Hart's autobiography is now available in Canada and will be released in the United States early next year. In this book Bret was able to spill the beans and tell the story of Bret Hart the wrestling character and the Bret Hart off camera. Several things he talks about is drugs, cheating on his wife, and having an abusive father. "My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling" is a great book where Bret was brutally honest about his life. Below are some quotes from the book:

Drugs in WWE(WWF at the time):
"When I was working for my Dad, I didn't have to poison my body, I didn't need it. But when I got to the WWF (World Wrestling Federation), everyone was doing it. And Dynamite and Davey Boy were making three to four times the money I was. If I didn't take them, I wouldn't have a career."

Cheating on his wife: "My release, my amnesia, or maybe my anaesthesia, was women. Sex seemed like the lesser of all the sins that lay in wait for us. I knew for certain that this was going to be a long road ahead. I was 27 and I was never going to survive it if I didn't find some female company. I felt truly terrible about being unfaithful. It was so weird: I was on top of the world but ashamed of myself at the same time."

Stu Hart an abusive father His abusive father: "Stu (my father) had a temper so fierce that some would consider his corporal punishment child abuse. Too many times I limped around bruised and battered, my eyeballs red and ruptured because of his discipline. On more than a few occasions, I thought I was going to die. Corporal punishment was more common in those days. He was a product of his time, trying to deal with 12 kids all as wild and out of control as we were."

pwheadlines.com

legolas4792
10-27-2007, 08:01 PM
wow batista and hart are two peas in a pod cheaters and drug abusers

Kaz
10-27-2007, 10:27 PM
wow batista and hart are two peas in a pod cheaters and drug abusers

Least Hart feels guilty and takes full responsibility for his actions.

BOOG
10-29-2007, 02:09 AM
sounds like a good read