PDA

View Full Version : Candice Michelle Injury Sparks Discussions For New Policy

Dangerous Incorporated
10-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Candice Michelle's nasty injury on Raw has sparked internal discussions about how the company should deal with freak injuries in the ring. The old timer mentality is to "always finish the match," but WWE feeling open to media and congress at the moment are reconsidering their approach.

If you remember Candice was laying motionless on the mat after landing directly on her neck and instead of getting medics and putting her on a restriction board the ref instructed Beth Phoenix to pull her to the center of the ring a pin her. This was obviously a risky move.

Source: WT

They shouldnt have moved her cuz who at the time what injuries she may have had.

Optimus Prime
10-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah I knew pretty much right away that Candice was injured legit, well was assuming anyway, and when Beth grabbed her I cringed a bit. It's hard to say really, if they can be sure they can finish the match safely then maybe try that, if not it would be stupid to risk further injury.

aoessand
10-28-2007, 04:34 PM
yea shoulda just had her pin there and not move it at least gives us a *finish* without harming the wrestler more, i knew when i saw that shit she was gonna b hurting it looked pretty nasty

BOOG
10-29-2007, 02:00 AM
that was a pretty nasty spill i knew it was bad your right. the ref should have had beth pin her right there they could have really fucked something up worse by moving her.

The Mac
10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
she couldnt have pinned her
her feet woulda been in the ropes
but maybe they coulda worked it into a storyline later
that she got screwed

Big Evil
10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
It doesn't really matter about the Beth/Candice match, it's done and over with. What does matter is the discussion itself. I would think that if something really bad happened, then the match should be stopped, or at least award the opponent with a win via forfeit. Injuries like the laceration to the back that Bob Holly suffered on ECW can be worked through, but something like happened to Candice, that can potentially be life-threatening, should not allow the continuation of the match. In the end, it's pretty simple; would you rather be crucified as a company for letting a person die in the ring, or would you end a match, endure the disappointment that would follow, to save that life?