PDA

View Full Version : Will Kanye West headline Glastonbury?

OMEN
01-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis has sparked rumours Kanye West will headline this year's festival.

The Stronger rapper is hot favourite to top the bill at the world famous music extravaganza, in Somerset, England, after Eavis announced he had booked a "black American headliner" to appeal to a younger audience.

He told British TV show 'BBC Points West': "I'm putting on a black American headliner, who is absolutely terrific, that's going to appeal to those people."

Eavis' cryptic statement also leaves the door open for a number of other big US stars, including Jay-Z, 50 Cent and Beyoncé Knowles.

The festival boss also revealed he is desperate for Amy Winehouse to perform again at the weekend event - which runs from June 27-29.

When asked if she would be on the bill for the second year running, he replied: "I hope so, I really, really do need her."

In November, it was reported Kylie Minogue would be one of the three stars headlining the festival, after Eavis declared she would be the perfect act to close the event.

Eavis said: "Kylie sums up everything Glastonbury is about. She's glam and theatrical. I see dancers, lights, feathers - almost like a circus show.

"She seduced me with her 'Showgirl' tour and I'd love to see her do that on the last night."

Kylie was set to headline the 2005 festival but was forced to pull out after she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Bang Showbizz