PDA

View Full Version : Off-Air Notes from WWE Raw; Dark Matches and much more

legolas4792
01-16-2008, 02:10 AM
Thanks to DeAndre Buck for sending this in:

Hey I was reading your report from earlier and I just wanted to add to it. The live crowd was probably treated to a good 12 matches total throughout the night I actually arrived in the arena around 6:45. I was sitting second row and when I took my seat and looked up there were around 3000 balloons, a track above the ring (which we later found out would be JBL's above ring pyro) as well as Kennedy's mic (so it was kind of a disappointment when he didn't show but the part w the midget was priceless)

Dark/Heat Matches:

Umaga def. Drew McIntyre

Santino Marella def. D.H. Smith

Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Super Crazy def. The Highlanders

Brian Kendrick def. Charlie Haas

Hardcore Holly (w. Cody Rhodes) def. Carlito (w. Santino)

Funny story, Santino kept making all these random comments during his match that kept the ringside fans laughing and he continued them when he came out w Carlito and tried to give Carlito an orange to console him for his lost apple that Carlito tossed into the crowd.

Other News & Notes
With the "Mini Royal Rumble" I thought it would've been the actual people because Batista was spotted driving down one of our main highway's from the airport.

We also ended up seeing Santino, Carlito, Beth Phoenix, and someone else in TGI Friday's after the show.

The entire show went hard from top to finish. For this being their first time filming Raw in Mobile since 1997, they treated the show first class all the way. We were promised a dark match main event or Randy Orton/JBL vs. Jericho/Hardy but I'm guessing because they're selling Jericho's injuries that killed that idea, so the Hardy/Orton finish was CRAZY. And I'm glad they treated the crowd to a wonderful show, let's hope that this it won't be another 10 years before they bring Raw back

Biggest Pops
Jeff Hardy
Triple H
John Cena (Tribute Video)
Shawn Michaels

Biggest Heat
JBL
Randy Orton

JohnCenaFan28
01-16-2008, 02:54 AM
I wish I could see a WWE Superstar in a public place, that guy's lucky!