PDA

View Full Version : JR: Rock at WM 24, Finlay-JBL, MITB Match, Flair, More

Black Widow
02-28-2008, 10:45 AM
- Jim Ross is back with yet another blog update over on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the wrestling related highlights:

Damn, that’s a boat load of cash that Floyd "Money", "Pretty Boy", "The Greatest Fighter on Earth" Mayweather, Jr. is apparently getting to step in the ring with the Big Show at Wrestlemania 24. Twenty million dollars will buy "Money" a bunch of J.R.’s Bar-B-Q, let me tell you and even a few "I’ve Got Big Nuts" T-shirts, which you should be ordering today for yourself. I still don’t know what the match stipulations will be, but considering that Big Show is going to box an exhibition bout on the next Monday Night Raw, one could assume that the Mayweather-Show attraction at WM24 will be a boxing contest. However, we all know what happens when one assumes, especially in the wrestling biz, don’t we?

I spent Sunday night in Phoenix celebrating with Ric Flair, not only his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, of which he is sincerely excited about, but also Ric’s 59th birthday. We have actually spent a few of his birthdays together over the years and this one was rather subdued compared to some of our "all nighters," but it did last a few hours on the patio of a local Phoenix establishment. As a matter of fact, we celebrated both Sunday and Monday night before Ric left for Germany to do some public relations work for the WWE and I headed back to Norman to sell some Bar-B-Q. BTW if anyone finds my glasses at the Hyatt in downtown Phoenix please turn them into lost and found. Thank you. Perhaps I am lucky that is all I lost after the birthday celebration.

I thought that Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, did a super job on the Oscars Sunday night. The Great One’s opportunity to be a presenter is amazing exposure for the bona fide movie star, who has the wrestling business in his blood. The Rock looks like he is in immaculate physical condition and it will be so special to see him induct his grandfather and his father into the WWE Hall of Fame on Saturday, March 29 in Orlando’s Amway Arena.

I don’t expect Rock’s hectic schedule to allow him to make an appearance at WM24 but seeing him on Saturday at the HOF ceremony will be memorable and having The Rock back on "WWE soil" is long overdue.

It looks as if a JBL-Finlay match may be in the making for WM24, or so it would seem, with the interesting news about Hornswoggle’s DNA Monday night. The term DNA has slowly creeped onto a wrestling show. Now that, friends and neighbors, is a long way from a Harley Race head butt.

The Money in the Bank Ladder match is taking shape to be the 3rd or 4th most viable bout at WM24. It will be a "thrill show" with plenty of "Holy S#&@" moments, that we all love so much.

JohnCenaFan28
02-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Thanks for this.

Punisher
02-29-2008, 06:08 AM
thanks for this