PDA

View Full Version : Cena: The Rock pisses me off

Black Widow
02-29-2008, 10:19 PM
WRESTLING superstar John Cena has blasted ex-WWE champion The Rock for turning his back on the business.

Cena, who has managed to combine acting and grappling, feels Rocky has betrayed his fans by concentrating solely on Hollywood.

Rock will make a one-off appearance at this year's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony to induct his dad and granddad.

But Cena told us: "What I kind of get peeved about — and this is my Achilles heel — is that I've wanted to do this my whole life.

"At one point Rock loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life.

"So explain to me why he can't come back. Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that.

"He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career — I get it.

"Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off.

"Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

You can listen to Cena's full comments in our exclusive WrestleCast, which you can download for FREE below:

Click here to play the interview on your computer (http://del.interoute.com/?id=950d6949-47cd-4728-9ce6-1bb767085d66&delivery=download)

In the interview, Cena also gives his views on:

The 'proper' wrestling fans who boo him: "They pay good money to do whatever the hell they want. I don't care what I hear, as long as it's noise. If you wanna tell me to go to hell, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop believing in what I believe in.

"It's not that I don't care that those guys and girls say I can't wrestle, I'm just glad that they're watching and analysing my stuff so much that I'm under the microscope.

"All I can do and all anyone can ask of me, is to go out every night and give everything I've got."

The key to success in wrestling: "At the end of the day it's not if you can do a majistral cradle or a 450 reverse double plancha dive. It's do I give a s*** about this guy or not?"

Wrestlers who take steroids claiming it's for 'testosterone replacement therapy': "Maybe somebody who's become anaemic, or is terminally ill, is the only person who I would suggest needs that. I don't buy or believe any of that.

"Anytime somebody is busted in our system it's a 30-day suspension. You know what it should be? Call the authorities and have somebody f***ing go to jail."

John also talks in-depth about how close the WWE were to firing him before his rapper gimmick took off, the wrestlers he loved growing up and Great Khali's strengths and weaknesses.

So make sure you download WrestleCast today.

You can watch Wrestlemania 24 live on Sky Box Office at midnight on March 30.

the sun

JohnCenaFan28
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for this.