PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Says Their Should Be Zero Tolerance For Steroid Use

Black Widow
03-07-2008, 11:49 PM
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/3391/rsnf0834an280448959act5.jpg

Rock: I call Dany my sexy-exey

HE made his name in wrestling as champion showman The Rock but the tame-named Dwayne Johnson is taking over Hollywood.

First the 35-year-old inherited the big screen hard-man mantle from legends like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sly Stallone.

Now the American has moved into family-friendly blockbusters - and his new Disney flick The Game Plan topped the US box office.

But Dwayne’s career success has masked months of turbulence in his personal life.

In June 2007, the proud family man announced that his ten-year marriage to wife Dany was over.

Despite the split, Dany is still Dwayne’s business partner - an arrangement that ensures he regularly sees his six-year-old daughter Simone.

And he admits he still loves his ex-wife.

He told The Sun: “Divorce is never easy - I give Dany a ton of credit. We realised that after not meeting expectations of marriage, we are very pragmatic people.

“We talked about how we could have a relationship in the interest of our little girl and in the interest of the love we still have for each other.

“I still consider Dany to be my partner. I call her my sexy-exey.”

It was also in this troubled period that Dwayne turned his back on his wrestling alter-ego The Rock.

He was a seven-time WWE World Champion between 1998 and 2002 and has made sporadic appearances in the ring since leaving to concentrate on his movie career in 2004.

Now Dwayne insists he has fought his last match, helping him clean up his image as he focuses on light-hearted films.

After playing tough-guys in his early movies The Mummy Returns and The Rundown, he is now distancing himself from such roles.

Dwayne’s first family movie effort, The Game Plan, has been a huge success in the States.

Released over here yesterday, Dwayne plays selfish American football star Joe Kingman who discovers he has an eight-year-old daughter - played by Madison Pettis - from a previous relationship when she turns up at his door.

The arrogant sports star struggles at first to fit the girl into his hectic life. Dwayne admits it was a case of his art imitating real-life.

He explains: “Fatherhood was difficult for me at first.

“There is something innate that connects a mom to their newborn but a lot of the time fathers struggle and I was one of those struggling dads.

“But if you are putting in the effort you are going to learn how to be a dad.

“Psychologists can probably help with this - maybe it was because I was an only child and very selfish in many ways.

“Having my little girl taught me the true understanding of being selfless, putting her before all else in my life.”

Dwayne’s performance in the movie proves he is far more than just bulging biceps.

His comedy turn, in which he wears a green spandex outfit for a ballet scene, has clearly impressed Disney bosses.

Later this month he starts work with the company on action flick Race To Witch Mountain.

He will also star in two more comedies - Get Smart with Steve Carell and then Tooth Fairy.

But Dwayne is not only a much in demand actor, but also a man who knows the main candidates in the Presidential campaigns in the United States.

The star, who admits to fancying a shot at politics in the future, said: “I know the Clintons and had a chance to speak to Senator Obama as well and I’m a huge admirer of Senator McCain.

“My number one issue is our national defence and our national security.

“My cousin is a very proud Navy Seal for ten years now and just got back from his third tour in Afghanistan.

“I have got a lot of friends who are in the military from soldiers to generals and that’s why I admire Senator McCain so much.”

His former sport has been rocked by a series of deaths over the last few years, including Chris Benoit’s suicide immediately after murdering his wife and son last year.

Dwayne, who fought Benoit, said: “Why Benoit did what he did no one will ever know.

“But in terms of rampant steroid use, they're taking the appropriate steps to implement much stricter policies.

“An epidemic started and they had to act. We need to have a zero tolerance policy in place.

“We have a great responsibility as athletes, actors and celebrities to children, because we are very influential.

"You know the outcome of the matches, it's a scripted television show.

“What I tell guys interested in getting into wrestling is you need to find a way to connect with the live audience. And you don't do that through your biceps.

The bulky athlete avoided steroids when he was a wrestler, because he says: “I never felt I needed to do that. I never wanted to be the biggest guy. I wanted to be the most entertaining. "

It’s a motto that is paying great dividends.

thesun.co.uk

LionDen
03-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Yeah yeah Rock, maybe you should look back on pics of you year by year and notice how much bigger you got and how quickly you got bigger in the late 90s ... hey Rock, why don't ya? :shifty:

JohnCenaFan28
03-08-2008, 08:46 AM
^ Lol.

The Mac
03-09-2008, 01:07 PM
he admitted to using roids in his book didnt he??