PDA

View Full Version : MITB Ladder Match, Jeff Hardy Doesn't Work, More Notes

Black Widow
03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
- There is a new article online by the Oshkosh Northwestern about last night's WWE SmackDown/ECW live event in the city. Article Below.

Fans flock to see WWE at Kolf

By Doug Zellmer
of The Northwestern

Chicago resident James Cobb didn't let the cold and a three-hour drive deter him from making a road trip to Oshkosh Saturday night.

Cobb and his daughter, Christine, 12, braved 18 degree weather to wait in line outside of Kolf Sports Center on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh before the doors opened to see some of their favorite World Wrestling Entertainment wrestlers, who performed in a 7:30 p.m. card.

The event featured some of the top professional wrestlers in the country, including Batista, Rey Mysterio and Oshkosh native Dylan Postl, a 4-foot-4 inch dynamo and rising WWE star known as 'Hornswoggle.'

"Definitely, I'm a pro wrestling diehard," James Cobb said. "We'll be in Green Bay Sunday for the WWE and in Milwaukee Monday at the Bradley Center for Monday Night Raw."

There was a bonus for Cobb and his daughter. Cobb said they got an autograph from WWE superstar Batista, who was outside of Kolf about 90 minutes before the show began.

Some fans came to see 'Hornswoggle.' The WWE storyline is that 'Hornswoggle' is injured, but he was at Kolf for the wrestling card.

"I like Hornswoggle," Christine Cobb said. "He's funny and he wins against the big guys."

Oshkosh resident Tyler Robinson said he went to school with Postl and wanted to see him perform in the WWE at Kolf. Robinson said he's glad 'Hornswoggle' has made it to big time wrestling.

"I've seen him on TV," Robinson said. "I try to watch it as much as I can."

Omro resident Chris Baxter also waited in line to see 'Hornswoggle' and other WWE wrestlers. Baxter said he wants to be a professional wrestler and that Postl got him involved in training for the profession.

Baxter also said he wanted to see Kane, a WWE superstar, who was on the wrestling card.

"When I was younger he (Kane) was my hero," Baxter said. "He was this big monster and everyone could look up to him like a super hero."

The crowd — estimated at about 3,000 wrestling fans — was energized as the first wrestlers came out to the ring — CM Punk and Chavo Guerrero.

The event was a fund-raiser for the UW-Oshkosh athletic department.

"It's a hectic night, but for the most part things are going well," said Al Ackerman, athletic director for UW-Oshkosh.

Doug Zellmer: (920) 426-6667 or dzellmer@thenorthwestern.com.

thenorthwestern.com

- The Orlando Sentinel has another WrestleMania XXIV story online looking at Championship Wrestling from Florida territory. The piece features quotes from Dusty Rhodes, J.J. Dillon, amongst others. You can read it at this link.

- MVP qualified for the WrestleMania XXIV Money in the Bank ladder match at last night's SmackDown/ECW house show. MVP beat Jamie Noble to become a participant, only two spots remain as Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Ken Kennedy, and Shelton Benjamin have already qualified.

- Jeff Hardy did not work last night's Raw house show in Madison, Wisconsin despite being advertised.

prowrestling.com

legolas4792
03-09-2008, 09:23 PM
a good addition i wonder who else will be in it

Black Widow
03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
id say matt might get added, keep the mvp feud alive

Ill Will
03-10-2008, 02:41 AM
I would rather Jamie Noble be in it. MVP needs a singles match, a U.S. Title defense, at Wrestlemania. This match also should have happened on Smackdown. Would have been a great way to build up the match if a newly determined participant actually won the spot on TV, not at a house show.

Punisher
03-10-2008, 02:44 AM
YAY!! MVP is in the MITB match