PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw House Show Results (03/08/08) - Madison, Wisconsin

Black Widow
03-09-2008, 09:17 PM
WWE Raw House Show Results - 3/08/08
Madison, Wisconsin

I just attended this event and it was pretty good. Only the top section was empty. I was 3 rows from the ring and was seated right next to the ramp, it was so cool.

Super Crazy d. Charlie Haas
Super crazy won after a good 15 min or so match. Halfway in Haas disappeared under ring. Came out with a luchadore type outfit and had 2 masks on. He lost both of them by then end of the match. Some guys in front of us were trash talking the heels all night. It was hilarious and got to a few of them.

Val Venis d. D.H. Smith
Again the guys in front shouted that we know Smith's father but don’t know who D.H. smith was which got him saying some things to these guys in front of us that I didn't hear too good. Val won the match after about 10 minutes with the splash.

Mr. Kennedy d. William Regal
William Regal came out and did his heel thing on the mic, not knowing what city he was in. pronouncing it wrong, etc. and saying only morons live in Wisconsin where it's so cold. Mr. Kennedy's Music hits and the crowd goes wild. Kennedy gets on mic and says he's from Green Bay Wisconsin and does the whole good guy thing saying how he loves wisconsin. I wish he would turn face. He makes a good face. They had a match and after a 10 or so minute match Mr. Kennedy won.

Degeneration X d. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
DX came out and this place erupted. Michaels and HHH came out and got on mic. Did their routine, with Michaels correcting HHH that their weren't millions watching at home. Shawn also got a fan’s camera and used it to take a shot of himself. Then HHH posed for the camera. The funny spotlight of match was both Michaels and HHH grabbing the tights and showing both the guys bare ends, if you know what I mean. HHH got on mic saying he feels all dirty now. And noticed a tattoo on Murdoch that said Cade was here. Got a big laugh. DX won match. They went around ring and shook hands and took few pictures for about 5-10 minutes before leaving.

[Intermission]

WWE Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix d. Mickie James
A decent match with Beth winning with her finisher.

Umaga d. Hardcore Holly
Wasn't much more than 5 or so minutes. Umaga won with a spike out of nowhere. Crowd cheered holly as he left ring.

WWE Champion Randy Orton d. Chris Jericho
All night they let fans decide what kind of match stipulation they would have for this fight. A street fight, a no DQ match, or some other less popular kind of match. I forgot. People could text A, B, or C to a number and they said street fight won the vote.

Jericho came out first and I had a "Madison Is Jericho" sign but he was looking at the people across from me as he came down and didn't see it. Then randy out to boos and I pointed at my Madison is Jericho sign and Randy saw the sign and gave me a dirty look. Battle was back and forth. Randy got a trash can from under ring and tried to enter the ring. Jericho jumped on corner apron and kicked the can in Randy's face. Jericho set the can between buckles 2 and 3 in corner. Shortly after though, Jericho went into it twice.. Crowd was chanting tables for awhile. Randy finally went and pulled a table out and brought it into the ring. He tried to set it up but one of the legs came apart from table and wouldn't stand and instead of getting another he just stood it up in the corner and left it there. After some back and forth shots, Randy took the trash can from the corner and hit Jericho once with it but didn't hit him fully and Jericho kicked Orton and got the trash can from him. This can was dented on all sides. There was no safe spot to hit a guy from on the can. I could see both were turning it to find a safe spot. Well Jericho hit Orton with the severely dented can and not long after you could see Orton was busted open some. A little blood dripping down his face and his top of head red colored. But it wasn't a big cut. After a little bit Randy tossed Jericho into the table set up in corner and Jericho smashed through it and stumbled to the middle where Orton delivered a RKO and got the 3 count for the win. Randy Orton retains title. He leaves to a mixed reaction. Jericho gets up after awhile and thanks the crowd.

He says on the mic "Madison is Jericho", exactly what I had on my sign. He went around for handshakes and came down my side when he left and I pointed at my sign and he said to me "You got the idea" and starts to continue on but turns back and got a pen from someone and signed my poster. Probably the only thing he stopped to sign. It was so awesome.

No Jeff Hardy though, he was listed as being there on the WWE website but wasn't there. I was hoping to see him. All and all a pretty good show.

rajah.com