PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross On Jeff Hardy’s Suspension & More

Black Widow
03-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Jim Ross updated the blog section of JRsbarbq.com and addressed Jeff Hardy’s suspension in detail. He also speaks on the "Battle of the Posses" incident on Raw. Below are some of the highlights:

The 60 day suspension, without pay, for a second violation of the WWE Wellness Program of Jeff Hardy is making headlines on several fronts. This is Jeff’s second strike and with one more he is out of the WWE, which would be a terrible waste of talent and opportunity. To say I am disappointed in these recent events would be an understatement and for those of us who have long believed in Jeff and have pulled for him throughout his career, these self inflicted wounds are especially distressing. For any one to accurately predict what the future holds for Jeff is nothing more than speculation. Only Jeff can determine those answers but the one thing a talent can ill afford to lose is the company’s trust they work for. Obviously trust has to be an issue at this point in time between the WWE and Jeff Hardy. I can remembering sharing with Shawn Michaels many years ago during one of his darkest periods that I still believed in Shawn and, luckily for all involved, HBK made it back to the WWE a better man and is a bigger asset today for the WWE than he was in his prime. Jeff is still a young man and can still be a big time player in the WWE if Jeff so chooses. Interesting days lie ahead for Jeff Hardy and I for one hope he is able to address his issues, take responsibility for his actions, and get back on the road to happiness and success.

One thing I want to add here is that the wrestling business is challenging, at best, and by the general nature of the beast doesn’t feature too many "easy days at the office". If one is not having fun in the business, the end is inevitable and becomes not a matter of if but when. I would love to know if Jeff was having fun in the business or if it was burn out or simply other issues that caught up to him. I can relate with the pressures of the business weighing heavily on those who care and sometimes that weight can be perceived as insurmountable.

Many I have spoken with have mentioned the passion in which the "Battle of the Posses" was presented Monday night on Raw. That was not manufactured passion and the entire matter could have easily gotten out of hand and still may before all is said and done. Mayweather’s people tried to impose their physical will on many WWE Superstars which did not set well with some. Even after the TV show ended there were still several wrestlers fuming about the cheap shots "Money’s" Posse took. I would not be surprised if both sides weren’t looking forward to the next time they all "gather at the river". Mayweather and his entourage kept largely to themselves on Monday, in what was a tension filled day leading up to the live, 3 hour TV show.

I still have no idea exactly what sort of stipulations the Mayweather-Big Show contest will feature. Upon further review, does it matter? I can only assume Floyd will wear boxing gloves as he customarily does and that Show will not as he customarily does. In the old days when there would be a traditional boxer vs. wrestler match that was usually what occurred. My guess is that we will likely not know the exact nature of the bout until WM24.

jrsbarbq.com (http://www.jrsbarbq.com)

JohnCenaFan28
03-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks for this.

LionDen
03-13-2008, 07:55 PM
I would love to see a brawl between the two but Vince will probably make sure this does not happen .. or would he actually want it to.