PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit Returns To Wwe 24/7 Programming

Black Widow
03-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Several readers sent word overnight that WWE has started to let footage of Chris Benoit air on WWE 24/7 programming.

Chris W. sent the following....Chris Benoit has been put back into the TV shows on WWE 24/7, at least, as far as his Nitro run as a Horseman. During this week's WWE 24/7 Nitro edition, which, I believe took place on 6/24/97, a segment aired that saw an exchange between Flair and Piper turn into the Horsemen turning on Piper. The Horsemen, in this case being Flair, Mongo McMichael, and Benoit. The segment ended with Piper in Benoit's crippler crossface. Anyway, didn't know if you knew or if this was just a temporary return to the WWE/WCW archive shows for Benoit's image.

Sean sent the following....I was watching WWE 24/7's Monday Night Wars: Nitro 6/23/97, and I noticed that Chris Benoit has returned to TV. There is an interview segment with Gene Okerlund and Roddy Piper. Piper questions Ric Flair's loyalty after Flair abandoned him during a Tag Match. Flair came out to calm Piper down and when that fails, Benoit, Mongo, and Debra came out. Mongo starts yelling at Piper and there is a weird edit to the crowd, and a minor audio drop for about three seconds. Piper starts brawling with everyone but gets beatdown. Benoit locks in the Crippler Crossface on Piper.

Interesting to see the footage made it to 24/7 as the unofficial policy has been to feature Benoit on releases of complete events but not on compilation and newly produced programming. In many ways, WWE is in a no-win situation here because either choice of removing Benoit from history or featuring him under the WWE banner leaves the company open to criticism from those opposing either decision.

PWInsider.com

JohnCenaFan28
03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks for this, I didn't expect it to start happening so soon.

Ill Will
03-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Not really that surprising, seeing as how more and more of his vids pop up on wwe.com on an almost daily basis.

OT: I wonder if this has anything to do with the huge drop in traffic for the site...interesting.