PDA

View Full Version : Because Stone Cold Says So

Black Widow
03-20-2008, 09:30 PM
IF you’re in wrestling and Stone Cold Steve Austin didn’t talk about you in our latest WrestleCast then you’re probably in the wrong business.

From Gary Hart and Brian Pillman, through The Rock and Brock Lesnar, to Hulk Hogan and John Cena – Steve gave his candid, comic and often very controversial views on them all.

And if you’re a student of the game then you’ll want to hear Steve’s views on how he worked his way to its very pinnacle.

As always, we strongly recommend you check out our 50 minute show for a full flavour of the legend that is Stone Cold Steve Austin.

It’s FREE and all you need to do is select one of the links below. If you subscribe through iTunes you’ll also get ALL our previous interviews with the likes of Kurt Angle, Batista and Mick Foley:

Click here to play the interview on your computer (http://del.interoute.com/?id=eb040c85-aa7a-42ea-a601-d3f767d6b25b&delivery=download)

Here’s a taster of Steve’s best bits:

On having one more match – “I take that never say never approach to having a last match.

“For a while I just said: ‘No, it will never happen' but who knows?

“And I’m not saying this to get everybody up.

“It would have to be the most perfect set up in the whole world and all the stars to align for it to happen.

“The chances are few and far between but could it? Damn. Maybe."

On Hulk Hogan slamming him – “He’s just a bitter, insecure guy.

“I give him all the credit in the world, because I’ve watched a lot of his career unfold and the Hulkamania thing was one of the biggest things ever.

“But believe me I’ve been around the entertainment business since the back end of 1989, and if there’s one thing you’re going to find out it’s that if you’ve got thin skin you’re probably in the wrong business.

“So there’s not a damn thing Hogan can say to rile me up or charge me up. I’m secure in the career that I’ve had and everything I did.

“It makes me laugh when he’s got to do that, because I really think it makes him look like a chump.”

On being let go by WCW – “I’ve heard Eric Bischoff do different version of why I got fired, because I yelled at somebody on the phone, which is complete bs.

“When he’s recanted the story later, to kind of cover his ass, he’ll make up some story about how I cussed so and so out or whatever.

“He fired me because I got hurt – and that’s the bottom line.

“Eric’s like a heat-seeking missile. He’s a really good guy, but he has a tendency to rub you the wrong way sometimes.

“And give him too much power and his head gets big – so watch out.”

On Shawn Michaels – “It was a pleasure and an honour to work with Shawn. He’s a truly talented guy.

“He was always cool with me (when I started out), because I’m pretty much running the low key deal just coming into the company.

“I’m not putting up any fuss, I’m giving him a good match, I’m getting beat every night – what’s not to like?

“Now that being said, we were running in the same circles, hanging out drinking beer together. So no – I didn’t take a whole lot of cr** from anybody or come in and set a tone or whatever.

“But if someone’s got something to say to me, then say it to me. If not, we don’t need to talk about behind anybody’s back.

“I was always one of those guys where what you see is what you get – and that’s what Shawn got with me.

“Later on, when I really got hot as Stone Cold and we were leading up to Boston, WrestleMania 14, now that became a bitter time when he was a real p***k.

“He had a bad back, but there was a lot more issues than that.”

On the WWE Hall Of Fame – “Jake The Snake should definitely be in there, and I don’t know why Macho Man’s not in there yet.”

On Floyd Mayweather’s alleged $20million fee for WrestleMania – “I think the guys that are p***ed off think it’s real money. I don’t think it is.”

thesun.co.uk

JohnCenaFan28
03-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks for this.