PDA

View Full Version : 'Bank on me' - MVP

Black Widow
03-21-2008, 05:35 PM
MVP Climbing the Ladder of Success

The Money in the Bank Ladder Match returns for the fourth consecutive year at Wrestlemania XXIV. The aim of the match is to climb a ladder to collect a briefcase which contains a contract for a Championship match at any time, valid for one year.

Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP) is the United States Champion and one of the seven competitors set for the match and he is really looking forward to it.

"I can't wait," he said. "It is the biggest stage of them all. It is the World Cup of wrestling. Of course I'm looking forward to it."

Competition

The other six superstars are Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Mr Kennedy, John Morrison, Carlito and Shelton Benjamin. It will be MVP's first Money in the Bank Ladder Match but he clearly thinks that gives him an advantage.

"I'm the X-Factor, I'm so excited," he told skysports.com. "Chris Jericho may have invented the match, Shelton Benjamin does something phenomenal every year but I've got everyone scouted. I'll win it."

In MVP's short WWE career he has already been in some of the most dangerous matches including an Inferno match and the Elimination Chamber, however the Smackdown Superstar reckons that the Money in the Bank Ladder match will be the most perilous.

"It's the most dangerous match of them all," he said. "There are just so many factors. It is a train wreck of a match. With so many superstars fighting around you there is so much going on. The level of danger in this match rises exponentially. It is literally death-defying."

Sunshine State

Wrestlemania XXIV will be at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida. MVP lives just down the road in Miami, Florida but he doesn't think that will give him a home field advantage.

"Normally I would say it would make a difference but not at Wrestlemania. There are fans from all over the world, including a large proportion of fans from the UK. It becomes a different playing field."

Jeff Hardy was considered one of the favourites going into the Money in the Ladder Match but because of a second violation of the WWE Wellness Policy he was taken out of the line up. Despite giving him better odds to win MVP wishes Jeff was still in the match.

"I'm disappointed. In order to be the best you have to beat the best. There is not a bigger risk-taker than Jeff Hardy. It means when I win there will be one less person to brag to."

Wellness

Last summer MVP was diagnosed with Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome which is said to make a person's heart beat a little bit faster than normal. MVP thanks the WWE's Wellness Policy for identifying it so that he can be a part of Wrestlemania XXIV.

He said: "My heart was beating up to 200 beats per minute. People associate the Wellness Policy with drugs but it is more than that.

"Each year we get an annual physical and when I did mine in the summer they diagnosed me with Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome. So thanks to that they detected it. I am now better and probably better than ever so it won't affect me winning the Money in the Bank."

In the autumn, MVP had a long running feud with Matt Hardy. Unfortunately a knee injury and a burst appendix to Hardy have meant this feud has never reached its climax. Many rumours were circulating that the pair would finally face off at Wrestlemania XXIV for the US title. Now MVP is in the Money in the Bank ladder match that clash will not happen, not that the United States Champion is bothered.

"I don't care for Matt Hardy," he said. I tried to be his friend and thanks to me he became an eight time tag-team champion.

"He hadn't won the WWE tag-team title until he joined up with me; with Jeff he only ever won the World tag belts. But he was disrespectful and ungrateful. He doesn't deserve a title shot, especially at Wrestlemania."

Every Superstar who has cashed in the Money in the Bank contract has become a WWE or World Heavyweight Champion. MVP has yet to decide which title he would challenge for and when he would battle for it if, or as he says when, he wins at Wrestlemania XXIV.

"I am the longest reigning United States Champion. I will decide when I am ready."

skysports.com

JohnCenaFan28
03-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for this interview.