PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Talks About Sting, Ric Flair, The Edge-vickie Storyline

Black Widow
03-24-2008, 04:01 PM
On why WWE doesn't throw $20 million at the Rock to wrestle instead of Floyd Mayweather: 20M is a ton of bread no doubt but I don’t think 20M would have interested the Rock who is happy and content making movies. Rock no longer wrestling, isn’t about earning another wrestling payday, he’s simply moved on.

On whether Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather will be a boxing match or a wrestling match: Beats the heck out of me and I will most likely be calling the match on the PPV.

On whether Ric Flair will wrestle his "vintage style" at Wrestlemania, or if his offense will be more chop-based like his recent bouts: At 59 one has to know one’s limitations but I will say that at WM24 we will see the very best Ric has to offer in 2008.

On whether wrestler's receive pensions and what is paid for in a "Legends Contract": There are no company pensions for former wrestlers as they are like independent carpenters, plumbers, etc and are considered independent contractors which means they are responsible for their own retirement plans. The Legends get a flat fee to sign and earn royalties going forward at a certain point.

On whether it would be better for Ric Flair to lose at Wrestlemania to a younger star that can benefit from "the rub" of beating Flair: To me this one is not about "the rub" it is about Ric Flair and Ric Flair only. This is the exception and not the rule in my view…..plus what if Ric doesn’t lose?

His opinion on the Edge-Vickie Guerrero storyline: I was somewhat taken aback by the Vickie/Edge storyline as it was compelling to put it mildly. I do think that the waiting period was adequate and I heard that Vickie’s daughters and her family are fine with it. Plus it helps her earn a' living.

On Ric Flair remaining on WWE television after retirement: When Ric finally does lose his last match I fully expect to see Ric on a reoccurring basis on WWE programming as his skills and name identity are valuable assets to the WWE in my opinion.

Thoughts on Sting and the possibility of him going into the WWE Hall Of Fame, despite not working for the company: Steve Borden is a class act and a great human being. I was working in the Mid South territory when he came in with his partner who went on to become the Ultimate Warrior. Sting has been a great attraction and would be a highly intriguing inductee some day in the WWE Hall of Fame. Class act all the way.

jrsbarbq.com (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/2008/03/23/jrs-qa-12/)

JohnCenaFan28
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the read.