PDA

View Full Version : WWE Sends Robbie McAllister Home

Black Widow
03-28-2008, 10:46 PM
-- ProWrestling.net is reporting that WWE’s Robbie McAllister told fans who ran into him in Orlando today that WWE is sending him home and he will not be part of WrestleMania 24. If Robbie is shooting straight with the fans, it can be assumed that this is his punishment for being at the live TNA broadcast last night.

24Wrestling.com

legolas4792
03-28-2008, 11:16 PM
the second i saw him i knew he was in trouble maybe hes scouting out his new home

Ill Will
03-29-2008, 07:38 AM
This is what should be expected really. Dumb move on his part.

JohnCenaFan28
03-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Ugh, I hate how Vince is getting on with him though TNA shouldn't have made him out and just have left him to watch the show.

Ill Will
03-29-2008, 09:46 AM
TNA shouldn't have made him out and just have left him to watch the show.

...anyone who steps foot in the iMPACT! Zone should be well aware that by that action, they give TNA the right to film them. TNA didn't do anything dishonest or unethical, they simply took advantage of an opportunity that presented itself (literally), and it worked out conveniently for them seeing as how the main theme of the broadcast was how huge of a week/weekend this was for pro wrestling, and more specifically, pro wrestling fans in Orlando.

The fault lies entirely with Robbie. Not only should he have expected to likely get on camera by just naturally being in the crowd, he also should have expected that he would be spotted for who he is, and that TNA would capitalize on the free publicity that he was giving them. WWE is right in their decision to reprimand him and has every reason to be upset with him. I think neither company did anything wrong, it was all an individual who made a mistake and he is rightfully paying for it.

wedge
03-29-2008, 04:13 PM
I think TNA shouldn't have shown him on camera. I've read elsewhere that some of the TNA wrestlers are upset with management that it happened. But what I find confusing is why didn't he just go backstage. Why be out in the audience in the first place? I think there were some other WWE guys there, but they were backstage.

Ill Will
03-29-2008, 07:43 PM
I think TNA shouldn't have shown him on camera. Can you maybe explain why? I'm not even arguing, I'd just really like to know why people think this. How was TNA in the wrong for simply showing someone who was out in the open in their studio, in their audience, during a live broadcast? Both promotions do it all the time whenever there are celebrities or other sports figures in attendance. I really don't see a difference here, except that it reflects negatively on WWE. Once again, I politely ask you to elaborate on why you think TNA was so wrong for showing a member of the audience (who was well aware that he was at a live pro wrestling show) on TV.

But what I find confusing is why didn't he just go backstage. Why be out in the audience in the first place?...what I find confusing is your thinking that he had the choice to go backstage. Him just being in the middle of the crowd by himself should have been somewhat of an indicator that he probably doesn't know anyone in TNA, or at least not well enough to be invited backstage. He was there as just a regular audience member. I really don't see why you think he could have or should have been backstage.

I think it's obvious that he shouldn't have been there in the first place, especially after WWE made it clear to their employees that there was to be no public interaction with TNA talent while they were in Orlando. I think showing up at an iMPACT! taping clearly crosses that line.

shahzaibdgr8
03-29-2008, 08:22 PM
he did a mistake now he is getting punishment

wedge
03-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Given the issues between WWE/TNA this weekend in FL, I think TNA management should' have known putting him on camera and advertising him from a rival promotion would put him in hot water with WWE management.
And this is from prowrestling.net: "The word backstage is that McAllister was there to see his friend Johnny Devine work the opening match."
I don't know the etiquette and all, but I'm assuming Devine could have gotten him backstage.

Ill Will
03-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Given the issues between WWE/TNA this weekend in FL, I think TNA management should' have known putting him on camera and advertising him from a rival promotion would put him in hot water with WWE management.Actually, no. Him simply being at a TNA taping would have put him in hot water. WWE is probably glad that he was on TV (not from the publicity standpoint), because they otherwise may not have found out. Even if he was backstage, internet reports still would have came out about it. Either way, you're missing the point. WWE didn't want its superstars anywhere near TNA and/or its talent this weekend. Robbie clearly overstepped the parameters that were set. THAT'S what got him in trouble.

Think about it: even when WWE releases developmental talent, they have 90-day no-compete clauses and are barred from appearing on any TNA, ROH, or MMA programming. Robbie is still a contracted wrestler who was scheduled to perform at Wrestlemania, and he shows up at the competition's live show 3 days before? That makes him look bad and it makes the authority WWE has over its employees look like a joke. TNA management is not responsible for whether or not Robbie gets in trouble...that would be...ROBBIE!!! As I said, TNA has every right to put anyone in their audience on camera (and that would obviously be why WWE doesn't want their wrestlers on live episodes of iMPACT!), so TNA did nothing wrong.

And this is from prowrestling.net: "The word backstage is that McAllister was there to see his friend Johnny Devine work the opening match."
I don't know the etiquette and all, but I'm assuming Devine could have gotten him backstage.
...and this is from my previous post:

Him just being in the middle of the crowd by himself should have been somewhat of an indicator that he probably doesn't know anyone in TNA, or at least not well enough to be invited backstage.I don't know the etiquette and all, but I'm assuming that ROBBIE STILL WASN'T SUPPOSED TO EVEN BE THERE!

So even if we use your logic and agree that he should have gone backstage...he didn't, and/or he didn't attempt to and/or Johnny Devine isn't that good of a friend to risk getting into trouble when he could have just watched the match on TV. Once again, even if you want to use the "he should have gone back stage" reasoning, he didn't, and the fault still lies with him.