PDA

View Full Version : Heat On Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson For HOF Conduct?

JohnCenaFan28
04-01-2008, 06:19 AM
A number of people in WWE weren't pleased with how Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson came off this past Saturday night. He did not leave a positive impression on a number of wrestlers at the Hall of Fame banquet.

A number of sources report that Johnson did not hang out with old friends before and after his speech at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. He showed up for the speech, delivered one that offended many in WWE and was believed to be too long, and then left.

Some of his former colleagues are saying that Johnson came across as "aloof" and "totally Hollywood," as if he were "above WWE now," not to mention everyone in WWE as well. One of those people include one-time friend Steve Austin, who was openly displeased and taken aback by Johnson's demeanor.

Here is one wrestler's comments regarding Johnson's Hall of Fame speech: "This wasn't a roast. This was supposed to be a tribute to his dad and grandfather. Instead, he did an hour plus of comedy, running way long, then did a short tribute to his dad and grandfather, then left. It was rude of him."

WWE had plans to control the length of the Hall of Fame speeches, but the induction ceremony ran way over the planned length in large part due to Johnson's drawn out speech. Flair's Hall of Fame speech ran long as well, but everyone was forgiving of that considering that it was his night.

After the event, pretty much everyone backstage shared in their resentment and disappointment on Johnson's conduct at the Hall of Fame. The belief backstage was that Johnson had no reason to treat old friends like discards from a past life.

Johnson's speech went on first because he had to catch a plane immediately to Las Vegas, where they are filming his latest movie, Space Mountain. After he left, two individuals took shots at him during their Hall of Fame speeches. When praising John Cena, Ric Flair made a point to say that Cena, "Will never leave our business for Hollywood." Triple H mentioned, "Rock fans," and then said, "Oops, am I supposed to say Dwayne fans now?"

Source: Wrestlezone

Big Evil
04-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Well that sucks, I guess Hollywood really did go to his head. I had hopes he would stay close to his roots, to what brought him up to these opportunities, but I guess it was false hope. Don't think we will see Johnson back in WWE any time soon.

aoessand
04-02-2008, 12:11 AM
im yet to see a rock movie worth a shit too really sucks he was good in wrestling, not so much in hollywood lol....

Ill Will
04-02-2008, 03:10 AM
You what's really fucking hilarious?

NOTHING ANYONE IN WWE SAYS ABOUT DWAYNE JOHNSON MATTERS ANYMORE!

Quite frankly, he IS above WWE now, and to suggest that he's not is just ignorant. He's much more famous now than he was when he was as a main pro wrestling figure during the attitude era. He makes more money, works less, and like I said, is more well-known. This doesn't excuse him acting like a jerk if he in fact did act like a jerk (which is really just hearsay as far as I'm concerned. I really don't trust internet stories like this), but I think if in fact these things were said about him , it was by those who are jealous and bitter.

And Triple H's cheap shot was just that, a cheap shot. Not even close to the funny or witty remark that he was trying to make it. Yes, he goes by Dwayne now, because he's not a wrestler anymore. Do you expect him to call himself The Rock in social situations even if he hasn't wrestled in years, and probably never will again? Obviously HHH feels resentment for no other reason than Dwayne simply switching professions and leaving him behind. Really pathetic and immature on everyone's part if you ask me.

LInk_of_time
04-02-2008, 05:49 AM
You what's really fucking hilarious?

NOTHING ANYONE IN WWE SAYS ABOUT DWAYNE JOHNSON MATTERS ANYMORE!

Quite frankly, he IS above WWE now, and to suggest that he's not is just ignorant. He's much more famous now than he was when he was as a main pro wrestling figure during the attitude era. He makes more money, works less, and like I said, is more well-known. This doesn't excuse him acting like a jerk if he in fact did act like a jerk (which is really just hearsay as far as I'm concerned. I really don't trust internet stories like this), but I think if in fact these things were said about him , it was by those who are jealous and bitter.

And Triple H's cheap shot was just that, a cheap shot. Not even close to the funny or witty remark that he was trying to make it. Yes, he goes by Dwayne now, because he's not a wrestler anymore. Do you expect him to call himself The Rock in social situations even if he hasn't wrestled in years, and probably never will again? Obviously HHH feels resentment for no other reason than Dwayne simply switching professions and leaving him behind. Really pathetic and immature on everyone's part if you ask me.

Is he above WWE? no not really, past it, definitely. As far as being more popular, thats a joke. I couldn't remember the last time I thought about him until they mentioned the HOF. Really, there was a time when "The Rock" was a household name, hosting SNL and being on the cover of magazines, now I don't really remember what the last thing he did was, maybe Doom, idk. but I guess if you mean he's more known for what people consider a respectable job, then sure I can see how you might see it that way.

Vick Diesel
04-02-2008, 06:54 AM
I watched Dwayne The Rock Johnson's speech at the HOF...I personnally thought what he said was hysterical...however...now that I think about it....he really wasn't dressed for the occasion...he didn't have on a tie or a suit...like the rest of the guys.....his shirt was unbuttoned at the neck...you could see part of his tattoo on his check....he hadn't shaved....his comments...towards his fellow wrestlers....were way off based....he was there to pay tribute to his dad and grandfather....however...his mom...did a better job at payin tribute to his grandfather then he did....If I were his family.....I'd be highly ticked off at him....for not payin tribute to his Dad or his grandfather more!!!

Just my honest Opinion....J.M.H.O

Ill Will
04-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Is he above WWE? no not really, past it, definitely. Obviously, as a wrestling fan, you're not going to think he's above WWE. I think it's the consensus of the IWC that we liked Dwayne Johnson more as a pro wrestler than as a movie star--but shouldn't that be expected seeing as how we are wrestling fans?

In reality, he is very much above WWE, as naturally most actors are. I'm not using my personal opinion of him to come to this conclusion, I'm using stuff like how much money he's making, how much less he's working, and how much more exposure he gets now.

As far as being more popular, thats a joke. I couldn't remember the last time I thought about him until they mentioned the HOF....because whoever you're thinking of = who's popular, right?

MUCH more people know who he is now than they did when he was a wrestler. The fact that he's introduced on talk shows and stuff as "Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson" should be kind of telling. If Big Show or Triple H go on a talk show, the name Paul is never used. Just think about it for a second. Of course Dwayne is a bigger star now, not in the wrestling world, but generally in show business.

Really, there was a time when "The Rock" was a household name, hosting SNL and being on the cover of magazines, now I don't really remember what the last thing he did was, maybe Doom, idk.I get the feeling that you don't do much but watch wrestling. He's done plenty of movies the last few years, he's still on magazine covers, he's still winning awards, etc. He's done like a handful of movies since Doom. "The Rock" was never a "household name", he was just a very popular pro wrestler at one time, and within the world of pro wrestling, he was well known. I find your reference to him hosting SNL to be quite comical seeing as how several other wrestlers were on the show with him, not to mention the relationship WWE has with NBC.

but I guess if you mean he's more known for what people consider a respectable job, then sure I can see how you might see it that way.

Well that too, but that's not at all what I was saying. More people know who he is now than when he was a pro wrestler. He's making more money now than we he was a pro wrestler. He works less now than he was a pro wrestler. That's what I was saying, and that's how I come to the fairly simple conclusion that he is above pro wrestling.