PDA

View Full Version : Nancy pleaded: Get off the stuff

JohnCenaFan28
04-06-2008, 09:15 PM
CHRIS BENOIT put his wife through a “steroid induced roller coaster ride of emotional abuse” before her murder.

The wrestler killed Nancy and their son Daniel, seven, before committing suicide at their family home in Atlanta last June.

And while friends say at the time that outwardly Benoit was one of the nicest men in the WWE, newly-released text messages show he was a different character at home.

The couple often rowed about Benoit not phoning when on the road with work, especially after Daniel discovered how to use his mum’s mobile and the grappler still did not answer calls.

They also argued about his failure to see his two other children – David and Megan – from his previous marriage.

On the morning of May 9 2007, she texted him twice.

The first read: “One night you texting I love you, during the day you won’t talk.”

Talking about his steroid use, Nancy added: “Get off the cr*p you’re on, it’s making you passive aggressive and I don’t need the abuse.”

Three-and-a-half hours later she messaged again, saying: “No-one knows what goes on behind close doors.

"The excuses about not being able to see your [other] kids is your failure in putting any effort to them.

“Paying out lots of money, sending for them twice a year is a far cry from being a Dad.

“You need to get it together. I will not accept this steroid induced roller coaster ride of emotional abuse.

“Ignoring the problem or running away isn’t going to help you face it. You need professional [help] and only if you’re fully honest about it.”

Another text, from later that month, reads: “You are a grown man with three kids. Set the example.

“Are you trying to say this is how you grew up, watching your dad call your mom names and making her cry?

“No. Then what gives you the right? Grow up. You’re 40 for mighty sake.

“Get off the stuff. It’s obvious. I’m probably not the only one who can see and we both the know the Wellness Program is a joke.”

Although the WWE tested for steroids during this period – through their Wellness Program – Benoit was somehow passing.

This is despite records showing he was getting a 10-month supply of anabolic steroids every three to four weeks between May 2006 and May 2007 from his doctor Phil Astin, who is currently facing trial for overprescribing medication.

Since the murders the WWE have won praise for tightening up their policy and suspending drug users in their ranks, including a 60-day ban that meant top superstar Jeff Hardy missed last week’s WrestleMania event.

Benoit’s phone records - released in The Wrestling Observer - also show that he was close to wrestlers Chris Jericho, Gregory Helms, Chavo Guerrero, Bill DeMott, Bob Hiolly, CM Punk, Shawn Daivari, Rey Mysterio and referee Scott Armstrong.

Jericho and Benoit often discussed the large number of their mutual friends in the industry who has passed away.

One text from Jericho read: “I just watched the Pillman DVD. I can’t believe how many of us are gone. Is it ever gonna end?”

Source: The Sun

Ill Will
04-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Can we put this shit behind us now? Even though they're dead, I still think the Benoit's are still entitled to some measure of privacy.

gator
04-07-2008, 01:01 PM
i agree with ill will