PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura Says Wwe Is In Better Shape Than The United States Government & More

Black Widow
04-09-2008, 10:08 PM
JESSE VENTURA SAYS WWE IS IN BETTER SHAPE THAN THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT, JOEY STYLES TALKS TWO ECWS AND WHO SAVED HIS WWE CAREER, SMACKDOWN COLORADO PRE-SALE, REY MYSTERIO & MORE

WWE Hall of Famer and former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura was asked to compare the shape of professional wrestling to the United States government and decide which is worse in the new issue of Time Out New York. Ventura responded, "Without a doubt, the government. Vince McMahon makes money. He's profitable. Our federal government has put us $9 trillion in debt. It's beyond my comprehension. If you did that in the private sector - Enron and WorldCom ring a bell? - you'd be locked up. And yet what will our media do? What will our history books do? They call these people "honorable" and write them up as heroes. They're bankrupting America and we're doing nothing about it. Excuse me for saying this...Actually don't excuse me. We're a bunch of lemmings."

Ventura, who is in the midst of a book signing tour, will be signing tomorrow at 6:30 PM at Bookends in Ridgewood, NJ.

In the new issue of WWE Magazine, which features Edge on the cover, Rey Mysterio discusses his injury and surgeries, noting that when he came back from his knee issues, he was too concerned with trying not to hurt his bad knee and ended up overcompensating, which hurt his in-ring performances. He commented he needed to suck it up and try not to think too much about his current biceps tear. Mysterio noted that in keeping with his homages to comic book characters with previous outfits, he'd like to do Iron Man and Aquaman in the future, and that he's already in possession of an Iron Man-inspired mask.

The magazine also features an interview with ECW announcer Joey Styles, who credited his WWE tenure to advice he received from Jim Ross during a five hour conversation where Ross explained what was expected of the WWE's announcers and the style the company was looking for. Styles said he initially couldn't grasp the style and without Ross' help, "I wouldn't have lasted more than a few weeks in WWE." Styles said the Barely Legal PPV was still his most proud accomplishment, that fans will never stop comparing the two versions of ECW and most of the time he is recognized in the Northeast, it's fans of the original company. He said Stevie Richards and Tommy Dreamer were the most underutilized players in the current version of the company while Chavo Guerrero, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk and Elijah Burke would have been right at home in the original entity.

The official release date for the WWE Kids Magazine is 4/15.

Thanks to Jenna for the following.....The pre-sale for the 5/25 Smackdown house show at the Budweiser Events Center in Loveland, Colorado is EDGE.

The lineup for the house show is currently advertised as:

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Undertaker vs. Edge

United States Championship Match:
Matt Hardy vs. MVP

Finlay vs. The Big Show

PWInsider.com

JohnCenaFan28
04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the read.