PDA

View Full Version : Major Update On The WWE Status Of Robbie McAllister Inside

JohnCenaFan28
04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Robbie McAllister was with his son when he was seen sitting in the audience at the March 27 TNA Impact show. He was at the show because he's good friends with Johnny Devine. McAllister waited in line with fans to get in. Some people in TNA knew that he was coming ahead of time and promised Devine that they would do nothing to get McAllister in trouble.

Of course, McAllister was shown on television during the show and Devine was furious about being double-crossed by his own company. A number of younger wrestlers were upset with TNA, however, the older wrestlers who went through the WWF vs. WCW war saw it as just a part of wrestling.

Additionally, TNA didn't show Robbie McAllister earlier in the show because they were scrambling to find out McAllister's real name. They were asking around and it took a bit of time before they could get an answer.

After being shown on camera, McAllister immediately got a text message from the office telling him to leave the building. McAllister was then sent home from WrestleMania weekend.

The feeling is that he isn't going to be fired due to the incident, but that he's going to be in the doghouse instead.

McAllister returned to action at Monday's Raw/Heat taping in Albany, NY, losing to former TNA wrestler Ron Killings in a dark match.

Source: Wrestlezone

Ill Will
04-10-2008, 02:08 AM
I wish internet wrestling reporters weren't so sleazy. I see that the source says Wrestlezone, but who exactly has proof that TNA "double-crossed" Johnny Devine? Was he interviewed? Was this "promise" in writing?

If TNA said that they would do nothing to get McAllister in trouble, I still hold that they did nothing wrong. Him simply coming to the show put him at great risk of getting in trouble. I tend to agree with the referenced older wrestlers in TNA that this was just part of wrestling (if this is actually what they said/feel--you never can really tell anymore with internet reports).

That Rob
04-10-2008, 02:34 AM
^But you do have to admit it is a low blow per say. I mean yeah he's in the wrong for going to the show, but so what he was sitting at a show with his son instead of being out in public. TNA shouldn't have shown him during their show, just like the WWE didn't show Kevin Nash at the HOF.

There are faults on both sides, but TNA really did put his future in jepordy by showing him. The older wrestlers do have a point though as they see it as TNA trying to get there name out there for the public and what better way then to show your competition at your show. Sorta like saying 'Even the WWE likes TNA.!'

Ill Will
04-10-2008, 02:58 AM
^But you do have to admit it is a low blow per say.I don't have to and I won't. When I said I don't think TNA did anything wrong, I meant it (*gasp* yes, I actually meant what I said).

I mean yeah he's in the wrong for going to the show, but so what he was sitting at a show with his son instead of being out in public.
...you do realize that TNA events, particularly free iMPACT! tapings, are open to the public, right?

TNA shouldn't have shown him during their show, just like the WWE didn't show Kevin Nash at the HOF.Horrible comparison. Are you implying that Ric Flair being inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame is just as "can't miss" as an episode of iMPACT!? I'm pretty sure Kevin Nash was never told not to go to the ceremony, but Robbie sure as hell should have known not to go to an live iMPACT! broadcast. And honestly, I don't think it would have been bad at all for WWE to put Nash on camera. Obviously, even most mainsteam WWE fans who don't watch TNA still know who Kevin Nash is, so it's not like it would have been some huge value from a publicity standpoint. What it really would have done, in my opinion, is make Flair look even better, considering that people from every corner of the pro wrestling world want to honor and show respect to him by being at the induction ceremony. Once again, not a very good comparison at all.

There are faults on both sides, but TNA really did put his future in jepordy by showing him.
This is like driving to a bad neighborhood known for car theft, getting out of your car, leaving the key in the ignition with the engine running and the doors open, and just leaving the car there for half an hour hoping that it doesn't get stolen. Is stealing wrong? Yes, but common sense says not to put yourself in that situation in the first place.

Robbie clearly made a stupid decision and put his own job in jeopardy by coming to the show. I'm fairly confident WWE still would have found out he was there even if he wasn't shown on camera. With all the lifeless internet reporters and photographers there are, I'm sure someone would have spotted him and reported about it online, not to mention that WWE had a booth right outside TNA's studio which gives a chance of Robbie being spotted coming in or going out of the show directly by someone within WWE. He still would have gotten in trouble if he was not shown on camera.

One interesting note that no one is really talking about is that someone high up in WWE must have been watching iMPACT! (I doubt out of curiosity) to have seen Robbie and to tell him to get out.