PDA

View Full Version : Reason For Randy Orton Retaining The WWE Title At WM

Black Widow
04-10-2008, 09:09 AM
- WWE had Randy Orton retain his WWE Title at WrestleMania 24 because they didn't want all four of the main event matches to come off as predictable. The internal feeling was that most people predicted the finishes for the top four matches, and they wanted to swerve the fans with at least one of them.

They weren't going to change the Flair-Michaels finish as Flair was set to retire and Mayweather vs. Show was off limits, obviously because Mayweather's celebrity status.. The Undertaker vs. Edge pretty much goes without saying because of Taker's streak, o that pretty much left the three-way WWE Title match open to other finishes.

WWE felt like the original plan of Triple H winning the WWE Title came off as too predictable, and with John Cena missing house shows for a few months due to 12 Rounds filming, the majority of people within WWE believed that Orton was better off staying WWE Champion.

pwheadlines.com

Bad Boy
04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
hmmmm... well, that sounds right... mostly all matches were predictable, good job WWE for making one of em different, but still Orton retaining the title sucked...

Ill Will
04-10-2008, 06:08 PM
When you think about it, what actually happened was more predictable. This report goes through the reasons why the other matches couldn't have been changed, leaving this as the only match with a possibility of a swerve ending. Very predictable, unpredictable swerve IMO.

That Rob
04-10-2008, 06:31 PM
It still doesn't change the fact that from the whole card THIS was the match that stunk out the show, every other match was good...even the ECW title match was exciting for the 5 seconds it lasted. I do like how they switched the ending though and I especially like how they allowed Cena to have his shoulders pinned to the mat!

LionDen
04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Fair enough reason but it still sucks he retained, I will be happy when he finally loses. He just seems boring for it now.

JohnCenaFan28
04-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm glad he retained and it was a huge surprise because I was 100% sure HHH would have won it...

willpro256
04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
orton = boring