PDA

View Full Version : Wwe Moves Ric Flair, Cult Classic Wrestling Film Now Available Online And More

Black Widow
04-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Ron Mower sent word that WWE finally got around to moving Ric Flair off the Smackdown roster page and onto the Hall Of Fame page on WWE.com.

Adam Parker sent word that you can now see the cult classic movie Body Slam on Hulu.com for free. For those that have never seen it, these 80's cheesy classic stars Dirk Benedict (A-Team, Battlestar Gallactica) as a music promoter who gets caught up in the world of professional wrestling and ends combining rock concerts with wrestling matches. The movie also stars Roddy Piper, The Tonga Kid, Lou Albano and features brief (very brief) cameos by Ric Flair, Bruno Sammartino, The Samoans and others. Amazingly, it never won any Oscars. You can check it out at http://www.hulu.com/watch/14176/body-slam.

Angel Ramos sent along this confirmation regarding a recent Q&A question about whether Sting and Jerry Lawler every wrestled. ... I'm not a long time Memphis fan, but by chance I do have a copy of Memphis wrestling from 1986, where the Freedom Fighters debuts-Steve Borden and Jim Hellwig as babyfaces with white trunks and all. They had one TV match and interview which was horrible introducing themselves and kissing up to the fans. And then the following week both of them come out and cut a promo with which was kind of heelish, complaining that they should be in the main event because of their physiques and they were cracking on Lawler and Phil Hickerson for being fat and in the main event. Hickerson came out to confront the two, where he gets a beat down for his troubles. Lawler gives an interview the following week using the line “these guys have muscles in places where there are no places” or something like that, and the two Freedom Fighters challenge Lawler and Hickerson. The following week they show a clip of the Memphis Coliseum match and Hickerson/Lawler won by DQ due to interference of Dutch Mantell. The next week the Freedom Fighters are now called the Blade Runners and aligned with Dutch Mantell. This is where they began to wear black lip stick and eyeliner as the Blade Runners. Then the following week they were gone. So I would estimate the whole tenure of Sting in Memphis lasted for three weeks. One week as a babyface, then two as a heel.

PWInsider.com