PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin filming 'The Condemed'in Australia

OMEN
06-02-2006, 01:04 AM
The Courier Mail has a short story about filming of "The Condemned", which stars Steve Austin. Austin plays a condemned killer who is purchased by a television killer and taken to an island where he must fight another killer to the death.

The Article

It's a take
http://thecouriermail.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5162019,00.jpg
ACTION man . . . 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin in character during filming of The Condemned at Archerfield Airport yesterday
CONDEMNED killers are fighting to the death in some prime southeast Queensland film locations.

Pro wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and actor Vinnie Jones will both star in the Queensland-made movie The Condemned, being made in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast.

Jones, who plays Juggernaut in the new X-Men III: The Last Stand, and Austin play the title roles.

The movie has the pair among a group of condemned killers illegally purchased by a television producer and taken to a desolate island where they must fight to the death. The winner's prize is freedom.

The plot has the illegal killings aired live and uncensored on the internet.

Jones said the best thing about filming in Queensland was the weather.

"Coming from England, every day I ring home and it's raining and freezing cold . . . here I'm getting the sun on my back," he said yesterday at Archerfield Airport, in Brisbane's southwest, where temperatures had dropped to -3C for early morning filming.

"They all keep saying to me, 'Do you want a coat or all that?' but this is like summer for me."

The movie, which was given tax breaks to film in Queensland and was funded by World Wrestling Entertainment, has been in production for three weeks, with locations including Boggo Road Gaol, Fort Lytton and Tangalooma Island.

In the meantime, Jones and Austin have set up digs at Main Beach on the Gold Coast, enjoying the beaches and the fine dining.

"I think people are used to seeing us around Main Beach now, so (the interest has) cooled down now," Jones said.
The Courier Mail

Matthinho
06-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Hmm that's pretty cool, WWE films must favor the whole "killer" type movies. I'm just waiting for them to put out a comedy and see who they chose for the lead role of that one. Anyways, The Condemned seems pretty interesting.

Kaz
06-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Thats just down the road from me... Okay about 30-40 minutes down the road but still!!

scorpionf
06-03-2006, 08:20 AM
That's the second movie WWE has filmed somewhere in Queensland...

Sounds like it will be an interesting movie though!