PDA

View Full Version : Uma 'stalker' called actress's parents

OMEN
04-30-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/720031.jpg
TOO CLOSE: Jack Jordan faces misdemeanor counts of stalking and harassment related to actress Uma Thurman.
A man on trial for stalking Uma Thurman told her parents he had met the actress in a previous life and threatened to kill himself if he was not put in contact with her, Thurman's parents said.

Jack Jordan, 37, is accused of harassing Thurman's family with emails, loitering for hours on the steps of Thurman's Manhattan apartment and visiting her trailer on a movie set.

The actress's mother, Nena Thurman, testified that Jordan called her Woodstock, New York, home and sent more than 19 emails from 2005 to 2007 to her husband, Robert Thurman, a professor of Indo-Tibetan Studies at Columbia University.

"He told me in so many words that he and my daughter had known one another in a previous life and were destined to be together, that he knew this, but she didn't know it," Nena Thurman told a New York court of a phone call she received from Jordan.

Jordan also wrote in an email to Thurman's father: "When I see her or hear her voice, I feel very much in love. Like she and I refound each other. I imagined us in a cave a long time ago."

Jordan faces misdemeanor counts of stalking and harassment. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to one year in jail.

Uma Thurman is expected to take the stand on Thursday.

In emails, Jordan called the Kill Bill star "the love of my life, which I have never met" and said only he could make her happy.

He appealed to Robert Thurman to explain to his daughter the spiritual connection that Jordan and the actress shared.

"Of course we've never met, Uma, but hopefully your dad can explain some of this to you," Jordan wrote.

Robert Thurman said he realised that having stalkers was "an occupational hazard" of being a movie star. But he said that he quickly became alarmed at the tone of Jordan's messages.

"I was trying to remember the number of the FBI," he said of his reaction to an early email.

In phone conversations with Uma Thurman's mother and brother, Jordan said that he would kill himself if he was not put in touch with the actress, family members testified.

The actress, who turned 38 on Tuesday, has received threatening messages in the past, including someone calling himself Anthony who sent an open switch-blade knife, her father said.

Reuters

JohnCenaFan28
04-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the read.