PDA

View Full Version : Wwe Notes & News On Rey Mysterio, New Cfo Named, Matt Hardy & More

Black Widow
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
WWE touted that over 100,000 fans came out to see Rey Mysterio as he took part in Mexico City's Children's Day parade. I am sure the fans were happy to see Rey, but to give him credit for drawing the entire crowd is like claiming the WWE float brought millions of viewers to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade - you can hype it, but that doesn't mean it's technically correct.
George Barrios, the Vice President and treasurer of The New York Times, has joined WWE as Chief Financial Officer. Perhaps I'm just jaded, but that hugely positive Times piece on WWE last week just made my eyebrow rise.

WWE received a ton of local media publicity for their first tour of Canada in over a year. Somewhat surprising is that none of the media (to my knowledge) have pointed out this was the first tour since the Benoit family tragedy.

The Grahamton Journal featured an article today on a UK youth getting the chance to meet WWE's Matt Hardy on the company's recent tour of Great Britain. You can check it out below.

Lucky Nathan meets wrestler Matt Hardy

Published Date: 05 May 2008
By Jo Hall
Monday, noon - LUCKY 11-year-old Nathan Ginnelly, from Barrowby, got to meet one of his heroes last month.
The St Mary's Primary School pupil met WWE wrestler Matt Hardy after winning a competition run by Woolworths to attend the WWE show at Sheffield Arena.

Dad Frank said: "He was uncontrollable with excitement because he's absolutely mad on wrestling.

"We had a great time and were really impressed with the show."

granthamjournal.co.uk

JohnCenaFan28
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the read.