PDA

View Full Version : Major Wwe Tv Taping Changes Planned

Black Widow
05-24-2008, 05:46 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment will pull the plug on WWE.com's Heat series and bring ECW on Sci Fi tapings to the Raw brand tapings this June, following a company tour of Australia, according to multiple sources.

The plan is to have the ECW brand performers on the Raw tapings as a way to increase interest and ratings in the Tuesday night Sci Fi series, both by having ECW names on Raw and by providing guest appearances from Raw names on Sci Fi. ECW would be taped prior to the live Raw broadcast under the plan, which would allow more time for post-production of ECW and also tie the Raw and ECW TV shows closer together.

One would assume ECW talents would also join Raw house shows as well, but that has not confirmed. The Smackdown loops would become stand-alone tapings and house shows for that brand alone under the plan.

Heat, which originally ran on the USA Network, then MTV, has been in production since the late 1990s. It was moved to an Internet platform when WWE returned to the USA Network.

Internationally, WWE has already informed TV affiliates that a WWE Classics series utilizing old footage would be replacing Heat shortly.

PWInsider.com

JohnCenaFan28
05-25-2008, 08:13 PM
NO!:tantrum: I liked the ECW/SD! split, so does that mean Morrison and Miz will move to SD to keep their titles?

Ill Will
05-26-2008, 04:20 PM
idk how WWE is going to do this. There's going to be too many people for RAW/ECW shows, and not enough for SD. It has been rumored that people like Umaga and CM Punk will be moving to SD, and I would assume Miz and Morrison would follow, but then SD will easily become overcrowded. I'm guessing some Heat regulars (Val Venis, Super Crazy, etc) might be getting fired soon. WWE seems to be complicating this for no reason though. They should keep the shows aligned how they are now, even if they're not going to air Heat.

tommy
05-27-2008, 04:23 PM
NO! CM Punk better not go to smackdown if this happens. I want him on RAW NOW!