PDA

View Full Version : Batista's battles outside the ring

Black Widow
05-24-2008, 09:19 PM
US wrestling superstar Batista has opened up about murders on his doorstep, his lesbian mother and his addiction to women.
"I never want to forget what I've been through and where I came from," Batista said in Sydney last week, where he was promoting the Wrestlemania 24 DVD, out June 7.

By any standard – even the wacky melodrama of World Wrestling Entertainment's storylines – Batista's journey is surreal.

Batista – born Dave Bautista – was raised by his mother, Donna, in poverty, and in a violent part of Washington D.C.

During his childhood, three murder victims were found in, or near Batista's front yard, in separate incidents – their home was near an alleyway notorious for violent crime.

"We saw some bad things," he said.

"We saw a couple of people die. There were fights all the time, stabbings were common.

"And I hate to say this, but I was numb to it. That's all I knew."

Batista said his mother, a lesbian, moved the family to San Francisco to escape the violence.

"I never had an issue with my mother's sexuality," he said.

"She loved us, she cared for us, and that's all that mattered."

Batista said her extended family disowned her for "being a Democrat".

Batista, 39, is a divorced father with two daughters. He also has two grandchildren.

He said family forced him to quit womanising.

"I didn't drink or do drugs. Women were my drug of choice," Batista said.

"I would have 10, 20, 30 girls throwing themselves at me. I wasn't equipped to handle it. So I took advantage. "

Batista and WWE stars including Edge, The Undertaker and Big Show will visit Rod Laver Arena on June 13.

news.com.au

5be92
05-25-2008, 03:57 AM
. He also has two grandchildren.

grandchildren????.....Damn.....

scorpionf
05-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Grandkids... How old was he when he knocked up the first woman to have his child?

Ill Will
05-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Why is it so unbelievable that he has grandchildren? He's almost 40. He probably got some girl pregnant when he was a teenager, then his daughter, who is probably around 20 years old by now, has had children. Sure, that's younger than average, but stop treating it as if it was unthinkable.

Anyway, nothing else about his life is really that shocking. So people died in the neighborhood he grew up in...that's called living in a city. So his mother is a lesbian...so? Was someone hoping that everyone who reads this article would be homophobic? So he claims to have been a sex addict and couldn't keep his pants on...he still can't do that.

Would someone please tell what part of this was supposed to shock me...

JohnCenaFan28
05-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Batista's love life makes me laugh...Thanks for the read.