PDA

View Full Version : Wwe Notes & News

Black Widow
06-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Joe Hennig, son of "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, finally reported to Florida Championship Wrestling this week.

WWE is launching a South African version of WWE Magazine specifically dedicated to that market, according to the Marketing Web website.

Stuff.co.nz featured an article today on one of the talents aiming for a WWE gig when the company takes a look at some local workers during their New Zealand tour later in the month. For more read below:

PWInsider.com

World stage at Kiwi wrestler's feet

Quiet and unassuming outside the ring, Jade "Powerhouse" Drane vows to "take no prisoners" when he gets his shot at professional wrestling fame.

The 97-kilogram powerhouse is one of six Wellington athletes who will get a shot next week at joining the big boys of world wrestling.

The United States-based World Wrestling Entertainment organisation, which has shows in Auckland and Christchurch this month, is looking at Kiwi talent.

The wrestlers, as well as a "manager" and "diva", will be put through their paces by its scouts. They will be judged on ring skills, charisma, drive and grit.

If they make the cut they will travel to a training camp in Florida to be groomed for a spot in the WWE. Eventually they could fight legends such as The Undertaker, Stone Cold and Triple H during the shows that screen in 91 countries attracting millions of viewers.

It has been almost 20 years since New Zealand tag team The Bushwhackers carried the flag in America, but Drane, skilled in the art of sleeper holds, full nelsons and piledrivers, hopes to end the drought.

"I have always loved wrestling and have wanted to be a wrestler my whole life. This trial is my big chance to fulfil my dream."

He has been wrestling for only a year, but seasoned professionals have been impressed with his natural ability. Bob Miller - one half of the Bushwhackers - told the 20-year-old he had the potential to make his mark on the world stage.

Drane, who trains nine times a week, said he perfected many of his wrestling moves, including the torture rack, while watching his heroes on television.

The quietly spoken wrestler admitted he would have to improve his "trash talk" if he was to be taken more seriously in the industry. "The more experience I get, the better it will be. It can be quite intimidating, but I'll get it sorted."

Wannabe manager Terry Tziakis - the Golden Greek - is excited about strutting his stuff in front of the talent scouts and takes his wrestling role seriously.

"I don't take crap from nobody. I demand respect and I get it."

Diva Hollie Weir has recently completed a bachelor of performing arts and enjoys using her acting skills during the wrestling events.

Her role is to distract wrestlers fighting her "man", whether by laying in a boot outside the ring or yelling at the referee.

stuff.co.nz

JohnCenaFan28
06-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Interesting read, thanks.